Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And we are just completing our 2nd down week. Unfortunately, there is just too much negative news which is contributing to this downturn, and with earnings coming up and margins possibly continuing to slide, I think investors are concerned about the next 6+ months. Yes, lots of good news in the distance, but FSD, Optimus, CyberTruck, Next Gen Vehicle, etc...will not contribute increased margins for at least 2 years and even though the market should be forward looking, they are not for TSLA, at the moment. As much as I think technicals are important, Margins are more important.
I do hope I am wrong!
Yoona's charts shows we just completed our 4th red week.

IMG_2036.png

We went from 240 ish in early December to 261 on December 27th, and then down the last 2 weeks.

• Informative
Reactions: Surfer of Life
Interesting stats of TSLA’s recent moves post earnings:

View attachment 1008353
(Credit: Prof)

Ouch. I was hopping for a positive earnings but I wonder if anything positive got overshadowed by the recent China cuts.

On Cary's last video he said that if we ended below $223 it would mean eventually hitting $180 by maybe the end February and that ending below on Friday $223 would be sale signal; we shall see what he says on the video for Tuesday. "However we could possibly get a pump to ER so I am now wondering buy back for a profit and sale maybe in the $240's-250 if we get there or just sit on my hands and try to buy back in the $180's. TA can be subjective:

1705167203195.png

Ouch. I was hopping for a positive earnings but I wonder if anything positive got overshadowed by the recent China cuts.

On Cary's last video he said that if we ended below $223 it would mean eventually hitting $180 by maybe the end February and that ending below on Friday $223 would be sale signal; we shall see what he says on the video for Tuesday. "However we could possibly get a pump to ER so I am now wondering buy back for a profit and sale maybe in the $240's-250 if we get there or just sit on my hands and try to buy back in the $180's. TA can be subjective:

View attachment 1008593
Not even sure if China had a cut. There was a 7k rmb insurance incentive which ended Dec 31st. If Tesla paid for that 7k incentive then this cut is just the same but in different way.

I don't remember which year it was - 4 or 5 years back - the big January expiration week the shares finished in the 510ish range, and were 650 the next week. The share price should have been 600+ that week, but max pain was a lot lower than 600+ and there was enough money on the line, low 500s it was that week. I remember it so well as I had 1+ year old options at that poitn at 500 and 600 strike. They finished with a reasonabhly large loss, that would have become a HUGE win the next week.

Point being - I feel like this up coming week could easily be a 1 week delay in the regular TA type analysis and forecasting to be meaningful - that this expiration is its own market moving event, simply due to its size.

the last 11 times RSI was ~30, TSLA bounced

View attachment 1008514
this week's Close=218.89

my prediction 212.45-262.53 is the only one that passed the test 🤸‍♀️

View attachment 1008520

View attachment 1008526
Love your chart, thank you. I noticed this trend as well, and often commented on it over the years to friends (not on the forum really). You did a beautiful job illustrating it.

There is massive incentive to keep SP pegged to 220 by Friday because of Quad Witching. I would be shocked to see any significant movement next week. Historically, Tesla likes to find relative Maxima from early Feb thru mid March. This is likely because TSLA is the largest options play on Wall Street for a decade, so the SP is controlled until LEAPS expiry in the 3rd week of Jan. Then, it's allowed to move.

Great data @Yoona !
I opened +195/-205 BPSs on the early dip Thursday, thinking I would be totally safe for the 19th. Now they are pretty Red. Most of the data suggests they SHOULD be safe for Friday.... 👀

Are you able to roll under those spreads if they ITM or ATM?

Trying to find rollable middle ground without incurring too much equities/margin. 30 wide is rollable at least once but does requires very high margin due to max loss.

Reactions: BornToFly