Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks, I see, I thought of doing monthlies rather than leaps. But with leaps you can roll easier. Nice way to earn income on your shares while waiting for a dividend to be instituted.
You can do weekly, monthly, or leaps. Depends on how much you want to watch the ticker everyday, and if you think we are going to get a pop that would make selling leaps more profitable later. I held off on selling Jan 2025 400 strike calls a few weeks ago because I thought we would be over 260 right now. Boy was I wrong. I left money on the table if things continue like this much longer....

Yeah but if you bought in 2015, you would have missed out on some large moves assuming you were wheeling your entire stake?.
This is the reason I do weeklies instead of Leaps or monthlies. By staying out during ER etc - we can "hope" to avoid selling shares when the SP is ripping up.

But there are no guarantees - we can still get caught. Esp. true since TSLA seems to rip up for silly reasons (silly to me, apparently a big deal to some others) - like Hertz buying EVs (which now they are selling !) and NACS adoption, which to me seemed like surrendering a moat.

We're on the road to nowhere... Capping at $214 is the theme of the day!
yes, a cluster (large group of same color) usually indicates range-bound

1705511508045.png

and it's sold Below Bid and sweep order, so that's a good sign

translation: seller has sense of urgency to get in on the action now, whatever the cost

View attachment 1009790

That's should help us bounce off the 212.5. Thank Max for again dropping your Wallet.

Seem the forum is lonely today. Just a handful of us talking back and forth :)

Maybe it's being supported, rather than squished, by the OPEX expiry...?
Ding Ding we have a winner.

Would not be at all surprised by the stock being held up by MM's only to crater next week before earnings with max FUD out there. Hell there will likely be some sort of negative news between now and earnings, maybe more price cuts in other areas.

Leading into a setup of a sell off before earnings only for Wall St to flip bullish after earnings...even if they're not that great a la Q1/Q2's earnings and corresponding rallies. If this set up does come to fruition, I'll likely close out a number of my CC's and roll the 2025 LEAPS I own to June 2026 on the cheap.

While I do see this being the play by Wall St, there is the possibility that Wall St craters the stock next week only to really pummel it if earnings are weak and we hit all the way down to close the gap at $146.

Last edited: