Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
someone should subscribe to this service permanently and "share", cough cough

cough...cough, I subscribed yesterday, happy to share if its allowed. I have no problem paying for such services especially when it's just a couple hundred a month, when I'm benefitting from it to make several thousand a month. We should all think that way IMO.

can u show the EWT, pls? TIA
This is what was posted last night (same as I posted above):

1706797722516.png

The yellow circle iii is an alt if this fails to hold the i-ii start to (c) of circle iv. But after circle iv (as the larger charts recently updated show) should be attempts at another low ~170 for v of C of (2).

Earlier yesterday:
1706797859318.png

Reactions: Yoona
6 months ago or so, I had bought March 15th +200p to eventually rid myself of my +170/-195 BPS. 5 weeks ago I had sold -210P to make some money to finish off paying the +200P. But the SP dropped so much going into ER, and after ER, that my -210P now cost more to close than my +200 and I can't roll them under the +200 any longer. So now I'm trapped with a second BPS of +200/-210.

In other words be careful. I thought that with 2 months I could roll down $10, but if the SP drops too much you no longer can....
Yeah, I'm well aware of the issue with price moving much faster on the closer expiry, this is why I sold off the March +p200's with good profits and bought Jan 25 instead, so give ample time to roll if needed, and of course I straddle with calls too which builds in quite a lot of SP movement

But for sure I'm looking to normalise things to a more sensible approach, just who things appear to be settling down, something happens...

Reactions: BornToFly
Crap.

I just found out I had some -290Puts for Jan 2025 assigned last night!
I guess I have to roll those +270/-290 BPSs to Jan 2026.
Unbelievable!
I sold the shares at the open, and re-sold the -290Puts for the same date. Made $2/share.
This will give me some time to figure out what to do. To roll them out another year, same strikes, will cost about $2/contract.

Crap.

I just found out I had some -290Puts for Jan 2025 assigned last night!
I guess I have to roll those +270/-290 BPSs to Jan 2026.
Unbelievable!
For reference, I have JJan 25 -p280 CSP , they have about $3.70 left... no matter how far out a position is, monitor extrinsic daily!

What's concerning is that the -p290 had more than a dollar left...

For reference, I have JJan 25 -p280 CSP , they have about $3.70 left... no matter how far out a position is, monitor extrinsic daily!
Very true. I asked my broker to request the programmers to add an alert function for extrinsic (when it falls a certain percent or to a certain amount) just as they do for all other metrics (price, etc).

Is extrinsic tied to the price we got for the contracts and when we sold them or a function of something else?

I sold the shares at the open, and re-sold the -290Puts for the same date. Made $2/share.
This will give me some time to figure out what to do. To roll them out another year, same strikes, will cost about $2/contract.
Interesting. Rolling them in to July and down to 240/260 only cost 0.2

I don't know if we will be over 260 by July (kind of doubt it right now), but then rolling it out to 2026 should still cost $2. But if I try to roll now to Jan 2026 and lower to the 240/260 it is over $3....

Very true. I asked my broker to request the programmers to add an alert function for extrinsic (when it falls a certain percent or to a certain amount) just as they do for all other metrics (price, etc).

Is extrinsic tied to the price we got for the contracts and when we sold them or a function of something else?
The price of the contract, realtime ... SP - (option strike - ask) , is what I visually calculate each morning; Fidelity web view doesn't display that in the option position summary view

And pre-market looked so nice for a while...

Meh, I bought back 60x 2/16 -c185 @$8.3 (net +$2), looking for a pop to resell those, trying to whittle the contracts down... now it's glued at Max Pain...

In other news, I bought 100x TSLA in pre-market, this being the start of my accumulation... not worrying about the price too much TBH, just looking to regularly add a bit