Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Back in business on shares, around a dollar cheaper. Ready with that game I guess. Only think to do ITM LEAPs against long term -P I guess one of these days. I hope we can soon say "buckle up for take off", although I realize "Delaware"has to be solved first for a real spin and that will take a few months. ([edit]and finally following @dl003 's and @Yoona's kind of trades. On the same page after all @dl003 ;-)[/edit]) O

Entered custom put spreads +2x 185P/-3x 180P exp 3/22. net credit $1.8. Break-even @ 168.2.
180 is the bottom?

I see there a 10 points downward leeway.

dog is slow - he now see the plays. A good one.

1709659815614.png

Attachments

• 1709659738297.png
    1709659738297.png
    31.9 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: DaBooster
Just FYI, given the tenacity of the drop after ER, I've been modeling this bounce after the June 2022 bounce. During that bounce, the 4h RSI didn't touch 70 until after Q2 ER. Today's lack of strength also made me skittish. The 0.236 fib also acted as magnet back then. 175 is still bottom.
View attachment 1022177
During the June 2022 crash, TSLA bottomed before SPY. After a dead cat in both, SPY went on to make a lower low while TSLA only retested its prior low.
1709660657086.png

Right now it's pretty similar to June 2022
TSLA is simply testing the 175-180 area while SPY is entering a mild pullback that should last into March quad witch on 3/15. Then both should bounce into EOM.
Yellow boxes are PA from the lows to P&D. Blue boxes are PA from P&D to ER. Both times, TSLA could not break the 0.381 retracement due to the tenacity of the crash.
1709660789749.png

So what's interesting about the trade earlier (BTC 100x Sep 24 -c240 -> STO 60x 3/8 -c175 + 37x 3/15 -c175) is that the September -c240's are now trading at the price I bought them back, $9.5, but the -c175's are $2.5 and $1.5 lower

That's why I did the exchange, to take the Theta, obviously if the SP stays here, this will improve further

My gut tells me we close above 183 today, and go Green tomorrow, but I'm trying to be aggressive and make money in case the market continues to be stupid.
I don't think the market is actually being stupid...they're just being prudent. Well all know Q1's numbers are going to come in somewhere between weak to meh. There's little upside surprise now that we have 2 months of data. Tesla also had to do price cuts just to move the amount they're going to move.

Sure, Tesla possibly reduced COGS enough to more than offset the price cuts and thus margins will continue to stabilize/improve. But Wall St's gonna wait and see and they have plenty of justification for that. Nearly 5 straight quarters of QoQ margin decline. And it's not like Q2 is going to be some quick turnaround monster quarter.

V12 progress has been very bullish but still a couple of quarters away from having impact on earnings (where V12 is released to other countries and widely available to every consumer).

Then throw in macro's that are at ATH where more investors are either going to take profits or they've been on the sidelines waiting on a pullback.

Idk, if I was just the average investor that doesn't believe in Tesla's autonomy strategy, their SAAS business in auto, Energy, Insurance, Robotics, etc....then I would say Wall St is giving Tesla a pretty fair valuation today.

Even look at Nvidia before it took off. Nvidia was not getting any love or credit for future earnings until the ChatGP moment happened. And that moment happened just 1-2 quarters before that ChatGP moment turned into actual earnings movement. So it might be very likely that Wall St will give Tesla zero credit for Autonomy until it's laughably obvious that it's about to translate into major earnings growth in the next 1-2 quarters.

Last edited:
V12 progress has been very bullish but still a couple of quarters away from having impact on earnings (where V12 is released to other countries and widely available to every consumer).
I don't agree with this. We are still far away from wide rollout, let alone revenue impact. Still not safe enough for even all YT influencer rollout (not even Dirty Tesla or Chuck Cook).