Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hooray, more people out of work than expected and those in work earning less!!! /s

1709905412776.png

Regarding NVDA, at 950+ I feel like there is a psychological pull to 1,000. I wouldn't be selling now if I had shares even though it has gone straight up already this week. I hope I'm wrong and we don't even hit it today.
Yeah, I'm thinking to write a handful of 3/15 -p1000's, just for shits'n'giggles

I still think it rises into S&P rebalancing, probably will hit 1000 for them, then dump a bit the week after with SMCI

Anyway, will be entertaining whoever happens

Reactions: Jim Holder
Remind me how far away cybertruck production ended up being after announcement? Semi? Roadster 2.0?
Tesla, unlike Rivian, annouce delayed products not geared to osbourne current sales. Model Y reveal to production was quick due to it potentially killing m3 sales. CT doesn't osbourn Y sales all that much due to two vastly different demographics purchasing the two products (female vs male mainly).

NVDA - It's an insane gap up on no news. It's not like they just released earnings yesterday.

At the open I will at least roll up my +820/-850 BPS to +870/-900
It's because people are shorting it hoping to catch the top and they are short squeezed out while bulls are not selling. Nvda will drop after bears give up shorting. Honestly tsla would have doubled it's marketcap if Elon didn't provide bears with a huge relief, giving bulls permission to sell along with him. He probably knows this and didn't want half his employees retiring.

So SMCI gets added to S&P .

Hedgies front ran the S&P event, and will likely dump after .... Alpha will make bag holders of Beta ... your 401K ;)
I bought a Jan 25 700 PUT to see how it goes ... it's so hyped, it's so overbough ... the contranian in me made me try my luck ...
+ if price goes up, will ladder for a few more ..

++ had to close my NVDA short +965/-985 call spread. :( Added a jan 25 800 PUT on NVDA ... diversify :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Max Plaid
Tesla, unlike Rivian, annouce delayed products not geared to osbourne current sales. Model Y reveal to production was quick due to it potentially killing m3 sales. CT doesn't osbourn Y sales all that much due to two vastly different demographics purchasing the two products (female vs male mainly).

Do you think the Y osborned the X? Because the price gap R1 to R2 is similar so that argument doesn't really work unless you do. Y vs 3 are MORE different vehicles functionally (the argument you seem to be trying to make on CT)- I'd never trade the better handling and acceleration of a sport sedan for a heavier, slower, SUV for example which is what happens 3 vs Y. Likewise a lot of folks who need SUV space would never have bought a 3.

Regardless, this discussion really belongs here:

Yeah, I'm thinking to write a handful of 3/15 -p1000's, just for shits'n'giggles

I still think it rises into S&P rebalancing, probably will hit 1000 for them, then dump a bit the week after with SMCI

Anyway, will be entertaining whoever happens
OK, NVDA -p1000's not very appealing from a risk/$ perspective, so STO 5x 3/15 -p950 @$31.1

Have 20x July 24 +p600's don't forget... so some safety there and lots of roll-down opportunities if it does go tits-up

Leaving SMCI alone too, if there's a semiconductor dump, my Jan 2026 +p800's will also support a downward move

Have optimistic limit sell/buy order to flip TSLA Dec 2025 -p190 to -c190 in place, but needs $184.50 to trigger, which looked possible in pre-market, but not right now...

Reactions: Jim Holder
Flipped 100X -970/1000 Calls to +900/-930P and sold -990/+1020C for a small credit.
For those keeping track of my NVDA train wreck, I now have on the Put side:
200X +875/-905
100X +900/-930

On the Call side:
200X -970/+1000
100X -990/+1020

I'm not leaving my computer today....

Last edited: