Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gloom setting in:

1711652905023.png

Reactions: DaBooster
Not liking -c197.50 for next week, but did try selling 4/28 -c200 at open for $5.1, needed an ope ing pop to $181 for that to happen... still liking that strike so put a sell order in now for $4.20 -> this needs to be on Max Pain $177.50 to trigger

A bit of a gamble given the pending P&D + earnings? Who knows, but I have a lot of long calls to roll out against if necessary

an interesting idea... i have -C185s and -C195s for next week. may hold them into monday for max decay, then roll some to the 4/28 C200s

this week ~ 60K PUT wall at 170, next week 44K PUT wall at 172

not sure if P&D will let it run up, but maybe MM will not let it run down ...

This Q is a big reset for Tesla, new baseline on expectations ...

I don't disagree but just failing to understand how a big upside move is remotely possible. The baseline on expectations will not be clear until ER. All indications are that this will be a sub 420K delivery number. Even if the energy numbers are good we will not hear any commentary about margins etc until ER. I do expect Tesla, in P&D release, to add some commentary about supply chain impacts. Will that please Wall Street? Remains to be seen.

I don't disagree but just failing to understand how a big upside move is remotely possible. The baseline on expectations will not be clear until ER. All indications are that this will be a sub 420K delivery number. Even if the energy numbers are good we will not hear any commentary about margins etc until ER. I do expect Tesla, in P&D release, to add some commentary about supply chain impacts. Will that please Wall Street? Remains to be seen.
even margins are not discussed in P&D right ? we will know only in Conf Call

Tradingview has a special ending today. Is "Essential" good enough, or is "Premium" helpful?
The main differences are that Premium gives you unlimited access to everything TradingView offers including more indicators, alerts, historical data, advanced analytics features, priority support, and API access. I have premium and it's great. No limitations.

Reactions: BornToFly
Very interesting. Maybe the plan is to pull TSLA after P&D numbers and then run it up. It makes no sense to be betting on the bullish side but I guess it doesn't matter what retail thinks. I'm struggling to see how the numbers can be anywhere close to a surprise.

Got a good price on the 04/05 170$ puts to hedge my portfolio and I plan to keep them through P&D. Also have 04/12 -200C.

edit:

I mean if this is why the guy thinks 180-220 next week 🤦‍♂️

No he speaks from an order / option flow perspective. Must have spotted large buy orders.