Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems yesterday Chip/AI stocks were pressurised by poor results from ASML, the only company making the key equipment for the foundries, based on poorer than expected orders, even though the CEO said this as a one-time event and stated that orders would pick up later in the year

Now we get strong TSMC results, so likely will get a rebound in NVDA and SMCI today...

Something dumping TSLA right now in pre-market, not other stocks, SPY or QQQ as far as I can see, no news yet to explain it

1713435113358.png

Honestly getting tired of all the drama and the slow bleed, lower each passing day/week. And being flat on short calls/puts due to the uncertainty (“don’t short here”). Plus still stuck with 15x -P300 6/18/26 that can assign at around $134-$138 😭

I just want to sell everything and take a break. May be the worst time to do so though at the 52-week low and tall 150 put/GEX wall.

Maybe ATM CCs or -C170 is the answer vs just selling here?

1713438264111.png

Last edited:
The March numbers actually show that Tesla outperformed the car market in Europe. It would be nice if TSLA outperformed the stock market here.
🤣😂:mad:
Yeah, it's funny that even with modern media, the good news can be buired below the fold.
Despite this, Tesla's market share in Europe increased to 2.8% overall, including BEV, ICE vehicles, hybrids, etc.

Honestly getting tired of all the drama and the slow bleed, lower each passing day/week. And being flat on short calls/puts due to the uncertainty (“don’t short here”). Plus still stuck with 15x -P300 6/18/26 that can assign at around $134-$138 😭

I just want to sell everything and take a break. May be the worst time to do so though at the 52-week low and tall 150 put/GEX wall.

View attachment 1039585
Sorry about this. Could you be assigned and be ok? I say this as I do think long term we will be fine, but that could be 3-5 years. Right now, we are in that “production hell” or “Elon selling” situation with tesla and none of us know how low this can go before the market makes a u- turn on TSLA. It WILL happen, but it might not start till late this year or next year. Too many unknowns, especially in the short term.

Sorry about this. Could you be assigned and be ok? I say this as I do think long term we will be fine, but that could be 3-5 years. Right now, we are in that “production hell” or “Elon selling” situation with tesla and none of us know how low this can go before the market makes a u- turn on TSLA. It WILL happen, but it might not start till late this year or next year. Too many unknowns, especially in the short term.

Thanks. I think I’ll be okay if assigned, it’ll just use some margin so have to wheel them quickly.

View attachment 1039585
It may be time to limit options activity to VERY OTM (like 25% monthlies), accept the pennies and nickels, and wait it out, i.e., HODL.

• Informative
Reactions: Jim Holder
I think because what counts is the bottom line: Lower sales = lower EPS.
Without a doubt. Yet, gaining market share in a declining market during a seasonal lull can only be a win.

Think much bigger impact is DB piling on with their downgrade.

Yesterday I closed all my shorts across the market and my puts on TSLA as I saw a general reversal and figured that at least I would be able to reload at higher levels. But TSLA doesn’t want to play ball anymore it seems.

I wonder if enough shareholders will vote to pass the 2018 pay package given where the sock is today. Terrible time to ask for it if you ask me.

I also don’t know what would happen if the vote fails.
This is a good point. Shareholders voting against this package might allow for TSLA levels not seen since 2020 COViD times. Don’t see how that could be a win. If Musk is ‘exiled’ from Tesla the outcome will only be bad.

• Informative
Reactions: 2Pearls

View attachment 1039585
Welcome to $TSLA, my life since 2016, basically...!!

I wonder if enough shareholders will vote to pass the 2018 pay package given where the stock is today and self-inflicted Elon drama the past couple years. Terrible time to ask for it if you ask me.

I also don’t know what would happen if the vote fails.
I thought we started this discussion yesterday, but looks like it probably got political or went into the weeds as @Right_Said_Fred appears to have pruned all the posts 😂

I think there's a big risk, yes. Elon and Tesla achieved much to hit the tranches of that previous award, but things have soured since then, somewhat, so who knows what the majority are thinking?

Can't say I like the "bet the farm on FSD" phase we're now in, and WS won't like it either, so I'm expecting a nice crash so we can cash in all our puts we diligently bought indecent months, then FSD turns-out to be quite OK and the LEAPs we will have loaded can moon 🤪

Last edited: