Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This may marked the 4th consecutive red weeks for NVDA.

@Yoona - this aligned with the charts showing 850 to 900 closing this week?

View attachment 1039349
830 wouldn't surprise me, 827 is Expected Move based on the chain

1713369951968.png

1713369983671.png

I think we might getting a peak in through the window about what Wall St is valuing Tesla's autonomy/vision...which if that is indeed the case, it's a valuation based on far out earnings and growth and thus I would expect TSLA to detach from macro's and be more driven by FSD progress over the next couple of months until Aug 8th.

It's entirely in Tesla's court....keep releasing builds that show material progress each couple of weeks or a big update per month with meaningful progress and the autonomy bullish narrative can hold the valuation while the auto sector suffers. But if they hit a wall in progress I expect sentiment to change drastically.

I mentioned I few days back, but I would love to see how TSLA would be holding up right now if V12 had not been released yet. Odds are we would be breaking through 140 at least right now and tapping on 125's door going into earnings.
V12 is not a singularity but a spectrum. Chances are vast improvements had existed for a while and Tesla only chose to release it in its current state in Q1 precisely because of slower sales. If V12 was "it", there would not be a constant stream of updates even as we speak. There could be a world where there were no V12 as TSLA was going balls to the wall with auto sale, in which case delivery would have been higher. There could also be a world where TSLA was totally inept, dropping the ball on both delivery and FSD, in which case we might not have been in the stock at all / the SP would already be in the 2 digit range. Bottom line is just gotta play the hand we're dealt. The multiverse is a dark place.

Last edited:
be more driven by FSD progress over the next couple of months until Aug 8th.
LOL - if you think anything meaningful happen in 2 months. Just the other day FSD wanted to jump over a road divider to change lanes ;)

On a more serious note - it would be interesting to see how fast Tesla can address specific issues people are reporting. This will tell us how long FSD will take to get anywhere near L3.

LOL - if you think anything meaningful happen in 2 months. Just the other day FSD wanted to jump over a road divider to change lanes ;)

On a more serious note - it would be interesting to see how fast Tesla can address specific issues people are reporting. This will tell us how long FSD will take to get anywhere near L3.
Lol why? There's statistical data that shows meaningful progress happened in the past 2 months. No one here is saying FSD suddenly becomes perfect L3 in 2 months.

What I clearly said is exactly what you said in 2nd part....that we'll have to see if the rate of progress continues, accelerates, or stagnates over the next few months until Aug 8th. If it doesn't continue or accelerate and instead stagnates, Wall St will start assigning lower value to it and the Robotaxi unveil on Aug 8th will be a big whole nothingburger for the stock

Reactions: Patrick66
Part of my bear thesis was that it would take another year for the Delaware Supreme Court to rule on the appeal, and Elon wouldn’t get a new package until sometime after that. Meaning he would have no incentive to keep the SP high and anything good for the SP like buybacks would be off the table.

But if he gets it back in just 2 months, that opens it up for more good news (next comp package? Buyback?) in the 2nd half of this year.

I also think the institutional encouragement to re-vote signals that at least some of them are planning to stick around for the long haul.

Part of my bear thesis was that it would take another year for the Delaware Supreme Court to rule on the appeal, and Elon wouldn’t get a new package until sometime after that. Meaning he would have no incentive to keep the SP high and anything good for the SP like buybacks would be off the table.

But if he gets it back in just 2 months, that opens it up for more good news (next comp package? Buyback?) in the 2nd half of this year.

I also think the institutional encouragement to re-vote signals that at least some of them are planning to stick around for the long haul.

To your last sentence: let's see what goes on with compact car / Robotaxi development. That could really change institutions' perspectives.

The worst thing that the board can do right now is to buy back. "Balls to the wall" and "buyback" can't coexist. TSLA needs all the capital it has for the next phase, be it to survive an economic downturn or to launch RT.

Your bear thesis hinges on Elon being an a-hole who prioritizes his personal gain over the mission, who will sabotage the stock if he doesn't get what he wants. I'm not saying that's not true, but if it is true, makes no sense to be invested. Not now, not ever.

Your bear thesis hinges on Elon being an a-hole who prioritizes his personal gain over the mission, who will sabotage the stock if he doesn't get what he wants. I
The issue is not that Elon will prioritize personal gains over mission - but - what the mission is. Tesla's long stated mission and his political mission are in conflict.