Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EW update:

There are 3 Fibonacci projections that point to $135 in the near term. It would take a move back above $160 and then $180 to begin to shift the momentum back to the bulls instead. A strike of the $135 area followed by a rebound would seem to cement further the potential Red path and perhaps even target $200 in a corrective bounce for 4.

1713447072013.png

• Informative
Reactions: UncaNed

Institutions Triggering Breakouts​

One pattern that I have seen happen across many stocks right now is institutions triggering breakouts as exit liquidity.
It is clear from the action over the past few days that stocks are being sold off by institutions. In order to do this they are using retail traders’ pattern recognition against them.
Here’s what I mean:​
See how on my cursor they triggered NVDA to close over previous resistance to lure retail into buying and then they dumped the stock and brought it down to lows of the day?
This is happening time and time again - not falling victim to this will save you a lot of money in the current environment.
You can see it here on the SMCI daily chart as well. You got a day of straight buying, and then they trigger you with a higher high, only to bring the stock back down.
You can see it very clearly on the 5m chart:

bull traps!

Institutions Triggering Breakouts​

One pattern that I have seen happen across many stocks right now is institutions triggering breakouts as exit liquidity.
It is clear from the action over the past few days that stocks are being sold off by institutions. In order to do this they are using retail traders’ pattern recognition against them.
Here’s what I mean:​
See how on my cursor they triggered NVDA to close over previous resistance to lure retail into buying and then they dumped the stock and brought it down to lows of the day?
This is happening time and time again - not falling victim to this will save you a lot of money in the current environment.
You can see it here on the SMCI daily chart as well. You got a day of straight buying, and then they trigger you with a higher high, only to bring the stock back down.
You can see it very clearly on the 5m chart:

bull traps!

offload all my Long during the pump.

Same bull traps for days now. On many of the tech stock and SPY/QQQ as well.

• Informative
Reactions: Jim Holder
I'm still sitting on 20 spreads +p150/-p140 for 4/26, which are now plus 100%. That could go to 400% if we close under 140 next week. But it could also become -100% if we close above 150. I'll probably close them earlier, at least part of them, as I don't want to be dependent on what happens on earnings day. But when? Maybe if we close the gap around 144. Decisions, decisions.

I'm still sitting on 20 spreads +p150/-p140 for 4/26, which are now plus 100%. That could go to 400% if we close under 140 next week. But it could also become -100% if we close above 150. I'll probably close them earlier, at least part of them, as I don't want to be dependent on what happens on earnings day. But when? Maybe if we close the gap around 144. Decisions, decisions.
1713449473393.png

So true!

But I do have these spreads to cover some of the losses of my shares (on top of the written calls, which are losing value). I would hate to sell the spreads and then see it drop a lot more. I think I will wait a bit more as I have not seen capitulation yet. It has been a gradual decline and it doesn't feel like the bottom is in yet.

• Informative
Reactions: UncaNed and tivoboy