Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
NVDA is inside 2 downtrend channels and resting on lower-BB and 50sma; couldn't get above mid-BB ceiling

if both are lost tomorrow then possible 825-830 which is the weekly/monthly support
i was right!

1713450675483.png

One wild card for anyone playing the next 1-2 month timeframe leading into the annual shareholders meeting …I wonder if we might see somewhat of an arms race to collect as many shares as possible to increase voting power one direction or the other.

The possibility of Elon/Tesla fallout if his comp plan gets rejected to me is pretty real so those wanting to finally get Elon out of Tesla could see this as their chance if they collect enough shares. And the opposite, if the share price continues to dip, Elon or the large whales that are close to Elon could significantly increase their share count and voting power in support of the comp plan

• Informative
Reactions: MikeC
We have no volume on the volume profile sub $152 until about ~130 so we can continue to flash down very quickly once we hit a ChoCh.

We’ve said for a while now, that below the ~ $148 lvl, there really is NO support.. one would have to bring in some very thin VWAP data points, or try and marry it up with volume and some inflation adjusted discounting of EPS expectations - all of which are much lower today, than 1/1/24, or certainly 10/1/2023…so at this point its quickly becoming a game of chicken and greed.

If we look at the term structure and the premiums for 4/26 - so AFTER earnings, it’s like nothing.. 2-3% for ~ about 7$ OTM at this point.. that’s crazy cheap overall.

Even out to MAY monthly, ~ that $170 strike is “only” about 2-3%.. Again, for the implied volatility (and not truly IV) that pricing seems very low. MM will take it from buyers for sure, I think they are confident they won’t have to pay out or pay up.

Last edited:
Because what was once up must come down and eventually what must come down must go up 🥴.

For the 146 gap fill to finally fill, it will have taken a year. Could be another year before todays gap gets fill going back up 😂🥴🙄😆🙃
Keep wasting that time. My call expires Jan 2026 currently sitting on 80% profit with 20 being time. Probably wise to close this as it's not worth 20% for 1.5 years of time but I really don't want to pay taxes today when the money is in tax free bonds.

Reactions: Cherry Wine
I'm in the same predicament. Might do ATM calls on up to 1/3 of my shares for next week.
I'm thinking of selling 20x -C230 1/17/25 @$8.50 on 30% of my shares (they have a CB of $240). Happy to escape those shares at that time to reduce TSLA and diversify a bit. I can also BTC the short calls on next drop if we get one, or bleed them to the end and roll up and out (?).

If I'm truly ready to let the shares go at b/e (~$240) is there risk in this trade that I may not be seeing?

1713450902414.png

What a mess, no?. The few LEAPS that I bought for 2026 are destroyed. I am already counting them as a total lost in my head and I going to let them ride out. I need $280 by Jan 2026 to breakeven.

Look who retweet this:

View attachment 1039599

A lot of people are fed up with Elon.
i have CC at $160, $165,$170 and $175. i am trying to close the $175 and buy new ones for $152.50 instead of selling shares ?

EW update:

There are 3 Fibonacci projections that point to $135 in the near term. It would take a move back above $160 and then $180 to begin to shift the momentum back to the bulls instead. A strike of the $135 area followed by a rebound would seem to cement further the potential Red path and perhaps even target $200 in a corrective bounce for 4.

View attachment 1039608
These limit down opens are concerning..

• Informative
Reactions: UncaNed
Keep wasting that time. My call expires Jan 2026 currently sitting on 80% profit with 20 being time. Probably wise to close this as it's not worth 20% for 1.5 years of time but I really don't want to pay taxes today when the money is in tax free bonds.
I’m in a similar boat. I have a bunch of sold calls from last summer and winter that I’m up 80-90% on. But I want to at least wait until Jan 2025 to close them out so that the corresponding taxes won’t be due until the following April.

But for mine, the strikes price are all at 400 and above. The lower we keep going, the more comfortable I feel letting those actually ride out until they die for nothing

One wild card for anyone playing the next 1-2 month timeframe leading into the annual shareholders meeting …I wonder if we might see somewhat of an arms race to collect as many shares as possible to increase voting power one direction or the other.

The possibility of Elon/Tesla fallout if his comp plan gets rejected to me is pretty real so those wanting to finally get Elon out of Tesla could see this as their chance if they collect enough shares. And the opposite, if the share price continues to dip, Elon or the large whales that are close to Elon could significantly increase their share count and voting power in support of the comp plan
Do you know what the date cut-off is for owning shares for the vote?

I'm thinking of selling 20x -C230 1/17/25 @$8.50 on 30% of my shares (they have a CB of $240). Happy to escape those shares at that time to reduce TSLA and diversify a bit. I can also BTC the short calls on next drop if we get one, or bleed them to the end and roll up and out (?).

If I'm truly ready to let the shares go at b/e (~$240) is there risk in this trade that I may not be seeing?

View attachment 1039625

I ended up selling some short calls here at the $152 retest:

10x -C225 12/20/24 $8.00
20x -C230 1/17/25 @$8.50

These are on some shares I'm okay letting go near b/e (~$240) since I sucked a lot out of them anyway on CC scalping the past couple years. So even if by some miracle TSLA get over $220 in 2-3 months (how likely really?) it'll prolly retrace down here anyway again and it'll be a fight all the way back up again too, giving plenty time for theta burn or close for even modest gains if the story improves, or roll up and out if needed (I guess?).

Yes, sell short calls at resistance and never at support and all that, but we broke support and this is also a hedge in case we do head for $137-$120 and even lower. At least if so the gains will help cover the loss on a few long LEAPS and the -P300 6/18/26 snake I'm still carrying.