Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$2 million 165p just came in that expires TOMORROW and above the ask. Seems someone clearly expects a quick puke in TSLA/Market very very soon 👀

1713461642769.png

Thanks. By average down you mean buy more?
yes if i think there is still a good chance for recovery. or as others do, can roll further out to give more time

as an example, have some Jun 2025 C400s and Dec 2025 390s that are down > 80%. not that i think those will go ITM but can double the position for not alot right now, and have a good shot at recovering the $ or at least minimizing the loss

Reactions: Max Plaid
yes if i think there is still a good chance for recovery. or as others do, can roll further out to give more time
Thanks.

Closing it now for a loss would be one transaction, and whether to open a new one remains to be seen what happens over the next few weeks.

Does closing and replacing with shares make any sense, considering if we recover anywhere near 200? 153 shares x $50 ($150 to $200) = $7,650
Holding the calls to $200 nets -$11k vs -$30k, which = $20k vs $7,650 🤔

Honestly getting tired of all the drama and the slow bleed, lower each passing day/week. And being flat on short calls/puts due to the uncertainty (“don’t short here”). Plus still stuck with 15x -P300 6/18/26 that can assign at around $134-$138 😭

I just want to sell everything and take a break. May be the worst time to do so though at the 52-week low and tall 150 put/GEX wall.

Maybe ATM CCs or -C170 is the answer vs just selling here?

View attachment 1039585
Man I miss the old days when we used to live in caverns going to a hunt outside on a sunny day when we were hungry and didn’t have to look at a ticker symbol everyday.

The Tesla Secret Masterplan part 3 was mass industrialization and efficiency but instead of making the 25k model turned out to be going all in on FSD with crumpling sales.

At that point I feel like selling ATM CCs on all my shares

Wow, I've cleared out all my 4/19 CC's. Took the bird in the hand approach to 150, 155, 157, 160 and 162 and 165 calls that I had sold since Monday (when I woke up thinking Tesla was going to crash this week). I've rolled most of my 30+ 2025 CC's down and out, except 6 300 calls in Dec 2025. A pretty solid week for me, probably most aggressive CC's I've ever sold. I have 10 July 2024 calls at 205, which were rolled from Dec 2025, 10 Dec 2024 calls, rolled from 2025 and one 170 call for next week. I'm travelling next week and my own company has earnings, which will keep me busy.
Good luck to all.

$2 million 165p just came in that expires TOMORROW and above the ask. Seems someone clearly expects a quick puke in TSLA/Market very very soon 👀

View attachment 1039683
i suspect this is probably an urgent buyback closing transaction (ie because above ask) to lock in profits now that sp has dropped

ie STC a BTO +p165

if that is a Close then the trader is expecting a bounce up tomorrow

if that is an Open then BTO +p165 OTM 1dte doesn't make sense

Last edited:
We arrived at our vacation home yesterday. Downloaded FSD 12.3.3.
Just used it to go to Costco, Trader Joes, and then home. Not an easy drive. Difficult left turns, roundabouts, speed bumps. It did it 100% robotaxi level with no interventions. At my house it pulled over and stopped (didn't go into the driveway). My mind is blown that we are down 40% this year on less auto growth when FSD is very close to being solved.

I sold 172.5CC for next week at $1 earlier today. I couldn't get myself to pull the trigger on 160 strikes or lower. With the stock down so much this year going into ER, I wonder if we actually go Green next week. Who knows.

Morgan Stanley on $TSLA: Is it time for Musk to sleep on the floor again?

"Tesla situation may very well deteriorate further (our current bear case PT is $100) ... Is Tesla exiting the (traditional) EV auto industry? At the margin, it seems so... Musk talked about how during tough times.. he would sleep... on the factory floor... Is it time to sleep on the floor again?"

Just used it to go to Costco, Trader Joes, and then home. Not an easy drive. Difficult left turns, roundabouts, speed bumps. It did it 100% robotaxi level with no interventions. At my house it pulled over and stopped (didn't go into the driveway). My mind is blown that we are down 40% this year on less auto growth when FSD is very close to being solved.

I sold 172.5CC for next week at $1 earlier today. I couldn't get myself to pull the trigger on 160 strikes or lower. With the stock down so much this year going into ER, I wonder if we actually go Green next week. Who knows.
I'll say it again, the wonderful experiences that we have with FSD v12 and actual solved FSD for robotaxi are separated by a vast chasm.

I agreed current FSD 12.3.3/4 is lot better then before.
Maybe I just stay out of ER or sell some FOTM Call.

Safe safe and best of luck. BTW, AAPL broke the 168 support. Staying out now.

i still don't understand why my fsd STILL constantly nags me to touch the steering

(how is it ready for robotaxi if someone has to touch???)
its does that for all cars now, whether you have cabin camera or not.

Robotaxi aint happening for current car but should be on the model presented on 8/8.

For those wanting to make money with RT with your car dream on.......

Reactions: Yoona
Seeking non-advice:

I have 5x +C150 12/19/25 (610 days left) that's negative -$30,000 (-57%) and losing more each day. See chart below for escape areas (green) and corresponding dates. What do you guys do in such cases, hold them and sell calls against them; book the loss and exchange for shares here (can salvage $23k = 153 shares) which don't expire (but do they move the same?); or do something else.

TIA

View attachment 1039682
I’d probably just hold these, and write calls against them..over the next 20 months, there should be SOME recovery and they should be Green again. But something about the numbers and potential profit on the grid seems off?

Seeking non-advice:

I have 5x +C150 12/19/25 (610 days left) that's negative -$30,000 (-57%) and losing more each day. See chart below for escape areas (green) and corresponding dates. What do you guys do in such cases, hold them and sell calls against them; book the loss and exchange for shares here (can salvage $23k = 153 shares) which don't expire (but do they move the same?); or do something else.

TIA

View attachment 1039682
If you don’t mind laying out more money, I like to roll down and out. It will cost you another $35/contract - but you can roll them out to 12/26 $100s.

The way I see it, you pick up $50 of strike value and extend a year for only $35. Doing this roll at a low is better than doing it high because the 12/26 100c has dropped a lot more then the 12/25 150c in terms of absolute dollar amount.

Seeking non-advice:

TIA
Haven't done the math, but since you can get around 153 shares, if you sell 2 ATM Jan 26, Dec 26 PUTS .. could you break even - dead money if SP goes up, else you get 200 shares if SP is still down in the weeds .. cheers!!

Reactions: Jim Holder