Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is NVDA 1250+ still in play?
Seems like a heavy lift for the next two months to get there.
Based on historical data - does a stock usually goes up or down the week prior to the split?

NVDA due for a split after closing 6/7.

Thinking people would load the stocks so they can ride the split.....
From memory it usually moves most one side or the other, but not both. So, if up going in likely flat or down coming out of the split. If it goes down before then new buyers come in expecting upside.

For NVDA I am still writing puts for June, between 1000 and 1100. July I bumped up to 1150, and I have 1200 in August. Pretty much everything has been hurt by a drop in IV... but I am still selling puts to acquire so not stressed ATM.

Reactions: thenewguy1979
Good point. Now I know why that guy from the brokerage was calling me trying to teach me about selling calls. Luckily it made absolutely no sense to me. I might have thought it was a good idea 😂
If you have the Capital and really want to buy into a stocks - doing the "wheel" is the best thing you can do.

Where else can you get paid for buying the stock you want by selling a Put? If it expired it become free money, Rinse and repeat.

Wait until NVDA split. Then you can wield more mullah power.....

So my Q1 directional bet left me in the lurch, and I rolled out and deeper ITM to reduce contracts. After that I was -3 150C May 2025.
Recently, flipped that to -2 155C Jan 2025 and -1 240P Jan 2025. Was thinking this would let me work on reducing exposure either way the stock price moved.

Both of these are deep ITM. And the plan was, as the price moves towards one or the other I would adjust. But this is very different than being short a strangle with both legs well OTM.

I'm not sure if I'm managing my way out of the position after buying time, or just digging a deeper hole.

Any thoughts appreciated!

Monthly is pointy on both sides 🎩

1717179940379.png

Reuters News:

Who is Kimbal Musk, the Tesla director in cowboy hat?​

Tesla shareholders will vote on June 13 to ratify CEO Elon Musk's $56 billion pay package that was voided by a Delaware judge in January. Also coming up is the re-election of directors, including Musk's younger brother, Kimbal.

Usually seen posing in a cowboy hat, Kimbal's bio on the Tesla website says he is an entrepreneur, activist and a chef.

HERE ARE A FEW FACTS ABOUT HIM:

* Born a year after Elon Musk, Kimbal grew up in South Africa with his brother before moving to Canada to pursue a business degree at Queen's University. He turns 52 this year.

* His net worth was estimated to be $700 million in 2021, according to Forbes. He owns nearly 2 million shares of Tesla, worth about $348.7 million, according to the company's proxy filing and the closing share price on Thursday.

* Kimbal Musk was a director of SpaceX from 2002, when it was founded, to January 2022, according to Tesla's latest proxy filing. He served on Chipotle Mexican Grill's board between 2013 and 2019.

* One of the early business collaborations between the brothers was internet enterprise software firm Zip2 Corp, which they co-founded in 1995. It was acquired by Compaq for a reported $307 million, according to the New York Times, and merged into Yahoo Maps in 1999.

* Kimbal had also invested in his brother's online financial services firm X.com, which merged with PayPal.

* A graduate of the French Culinary Institute in New York City, he co-founded The Kitchen Restaurant Group in 2004 that has restaurants across the United States. He is also the author of "The Kitchen Cookbook: Cooking for Your Community".

* In 2010, Kimbal became the executive director of Big Green, a non-profit organization that creates learning gardens in schools across the U.S. In 2022, he launched a drone light shows company, Nova Sky Stories, with 9,000 light drones.

* He co-founded an indoor farming platform Square Roots in 2016.

* In 2010 he broke his neck while skiing at the age of 37 that left him hospitalized for months. He called it a "near death experience", according to media reports.

Week 1 (next week): Seems bracketed 170-180 again
Week 2: Range widens to 150-190
Week 3: Lots of bearish pressure down to 150
Week 4: Lots of bearish pressure down to 150
Week 5: Some sunshine 180-205

Remember: The red lines (-GEX/puts) are not guarantees price goes there, it's just market position. We've seen the market go in the opposite direction several times lately.

1717180627457.png

Absolute GEX:

6/7

1717180880073.png

6/14

1717180918720.png

6/21

1717180942631.png

6/28

1717180966119.png

7/5

1717180986381.png

7/12

1717181014708.png

Last edited:
If you have the Capital and really want to buy into a stocks - doing the "wheel" is the best thing you can do.

Where else can you get paid for buying the stock you want by selling a Put? If it expired it become free money, Rinse and repeat.

Wait until NVDA split. Then you can wield more mullah power.....
But then don't I need cash to buy the puts? Everything is currently in TSLA.

AI says 30 day $119.xx.. ;-(
Yikes! How accurate is it?

I have 15x -P300 6/18/26 that can survive down to $130’ish. I’d hate to be assigned down there (will eat up margin).

BTW matches WickedStocks if we break $157.44. He doesn’t think $141 (old $138) will hold on retest and will see down to channel bottom @$101 or even lower 👀

IMG_7797.jpeg

Ok this is what we have right now. I don't know why it runs this way and closes the week this way, but this is a bullish pattern. One of the most basic. For this pattern to play out, TSLA needs to break out of 182 and keep going. But, if there's some news over the weekend, it might be too late to adjust your position on Monday. I'm NOT saying TSLA will rocket on Monday, but this shouldn't be ignored either.
1717183407438.png

1717183475413.png