Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1717679486431.png

• Informative
Reactions: Max Plaid
“If unemployment stays below 4% for the 28th consecutive month, it will be cause for celebration,” economist Dean Baker, co-founder of the Center for Economic and Policy Research, wrote in a note on Tuesday. “If the other data in the jobs report looks like they did in April, then it should help the Fed feel more comfortable about lowering interest rates.”

SMCI giving up yesterday gains

View attachment 1054115
it's ok

i accidentally discovered a way to hedge against these kinds of drop or sudden rise

for my wheels: instead of going all-in on weeklies, i laddered my wheel on alternate weeks

week 1 - sto this week's cc, sto next week's csp
week 2 - roll the cc and csp a week out
week 3 - roll the cc and csp a week out
etc

this way, the -c and -p "hedge" each other out (they are same delta) and half the position (on longer dte) has time to recover (ie not everything is a disaster right away)

@tivoboy - your yesterday forecast of ECB cut and job report are materializing. Any changes to the overall Market thesis for the coming days?

TSLA still $100 and NVDA still $1040? Has AI revised targets?

Possibly a cool CPI followed by surprise rate cut next week?
My thesis hasn’t changed. I think still there is a 7-10% pull back in our future (30-90 days) overall. More in many tech stocks. But, we’re still in a FOMO market, and some of these moves are blow off tops, or will be soon enough. NVDA $1400 I’ll sell the entire position remaining. and the appearance of a July US Fed rate cut will continue to loom large till it’s extinguished.

I’m still at a full NO for a July cut (baring REALLY bad BLS numbers or further GPD compression, or of course other exogenous event).
No Aug
51/49 September cut.

So, there’s opportunity for more FOMO here up another 2-4% overall, NOT 5%.

And SOME further FOMO in NVDA, AMD, SMCI, TSM, AMAT, ASML, QCOM… notice i don’t really say anything else in the tech. It’s not going to be another 10% for MSFT, or AAPL over the medium term.

AI says NVDA 1225$ now, ok we were already THERE..
TSLA moved up to $118

My thesis hasn’t changed. I think still there is a 7-10% pull back in our future (30-90 days) overall. More in many tech stocks. But, we’re still in a FOMO market, and some of these moves are blow off tops, or will be soon enough. NVDA $1400 I’ll sell the entire position remaining. and the appearance of a July US Fed rate cut will continue to loom large till it’s extinguished.

I’m still at a full NO for a July cut (baring REALLY bad BLS numbers or further GPD compression, or of course other exogenous event).
No Aug
51/49 September cut.

And SOME further FOMO in NVDA, AMD, SMCI, TSM, AMAT, ASML, QCOM… notice i don’t really say anything else in the tech. It’s not going to be another 10% for MSFT, or AAPL over the medium term.

TSLA moved up to $118
is that 7-10% in SPY?

No Aug
51/49 September cut.

TSLA moved up to $118
I offloaded all position in AAPL this morning during the micro pump.

Nothing on hand for TSLA.

NVDA crazy PA this morning. Up and down and up and down......

it's ok

i accidentally discovered a way to hedge against these kinds of drop or sudden rise

for my wheels: instead of going all-in on weeklies, i laddered my wheel on alternate weeks

etc

this way, the -c and -p "hedge" each other out (they are same delta) and half the position (on longer dte) has time to recover (ie not everything is a disaster right away)
Yoona please adopt the dog into your small trading club once you open.

Trading is too hard for the tiny dog head. He want to be more then a rep for Taco Bell (or Wendy).

Sincerely,
theDog

it's ok

etc

Indeed, instead of 100x weekly, 50x weekly, written two weeks ahead, get's good premium and time to adjust in case it goes stinky, I was doing this for a while...

Reactions: DaBooster and Yoona
Interesting statement re AAPL and MSFT (More so for Apple). My gut says something is going to happen with these companies soon to pull them out of the rut... but the market clearly doesn't think so with ~21% IV.