Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1717626842315.png

I just have the feeling that we go up after the meeting next week (especially given the news from Elon about FSD 12.4, 12.5, and 12.6). I'm still trying to get back 5,000 shares that I lost on CCs before ER. I now have made enough premium that buying them back at 178 is break even. I currently have 175P for Friday. If we don't close under 175 I may just buy the shares as long as we are under 178. The other option is sell 175P for next week for even more income, and buy a Call to get shares if the SP moons.

Is the implication bullish? Save some taxes by doing it at a lower share price?

I’m not knowledgeable enough about taxes and capital gains to know.

My guess is it’s always better to get as much as you can per share and just deal with taxes.

Paying 40% of $175 nets $105
Paying 40% of $215 nets $129

Seems like a good deal to me to wait for a better share price, especially if he, an insider, knows one is coming soon after 6/13. On the other hand the fact that he is willing to accept $105 now vs $129 after 6/13 is a bit i-n-t-e-r-e-s-t-i-n-g I’d say 👀

• Informative
Reactions: UncaNed and 2Pearls
Not to gloat, but thanks to this thread I noticed IV was really high in LULU today before earnings (186%), and my wife is an addict so I asked her what was going on with the company. She was unshaken by material issues, so I wrote 20 -P at 310 today, with the stock trading at $303. Earnings came out, reinforced confidence, and AH the stock was up to $340 so my contracts should be expiring worthless on Friday. Should net about $40k which will support her addiction to yoga pants for another few years. (I guess I actually have more Lululemon clothing on at the moment than she does, but still...)

Always something to be said for working with companies you know and understand well.

Tom Lee predicting cool inflation data in June and SPY 5500 by end of month.

Wicked stock predicted NVDA 1300 if open above 1224 tommorow. Overnight already at 1240. Forecast 1500 by 2-3 weeks if bull run continue and not break back under 1164.

Guess TSLA can join the ride if all stars are aligned.

Not to gloat, but thanks to this thread I noticed IV was really high in LULU today before earnings (186%), and my wife is an addict so I asked her what was going on with the company. She was unshaken by material issues, so I wrote 20 -P at 310 today, with the stock trading at $303. Earnings came out, reinforced confidence, and AH the stock was up to $340 so my contracts should be expiring worthless on Friday. Should net about $40k which will support her addiction to yoga pants for another few years. (I guess I actually have more Lululemon clothing on at the moment than she does, but still...)

Always something to be said for working with companies you know and understand well.

It ok to wear spandex. We get it. No need to be shy about it.

• Funny
Reactions: elasalle and MikeC
Tom Lee predicting cool inflation data in June and SPY 5500 by end of month.

Wicked stock predicted NVDA 1300 if open above 1224 tommorow. Overnight already at 1240. Forecast 1500 by 2-3 weeks if bull run continue and not break back under 1164.

Guess TSLA can join the ride if all stars are aligned.
Surely once you become the most valuable company in the world (5% off) and march towards 4 trillion market cap technicals take a break. I don't see it hitting 1500 (150 after split) anytime soon.

Presumably yes since he did not sell immediately.
How would that work?

Paying 40% of $175 today nets $105
Paying 40% of $215 sometime before 7/17 nets $129
Etc.

The form shows he has until 7/17/24 to do so. Why not wait then if he was optimistic about where Tesla is and will be post 6/13 and post Q2 P&D?

I’m far from a tea-leaf reader but the implication raises an eyebrow. Does he know the vote tally trend as of today (likely). Does he know other NPMI (likely).

(Cue Twilight Zone theme)

😎

Last edited:
Reactions: phantasms
How would that work?

Paying 40% of $175 today nets $105
Paying 40% of $215 sometime before 7/17 nets $129
Etc.

The form shows he has until 7/17/24 to do so. Why not wait then if he was optimistic about where Tesla is and will be post 6/13 and post Q2 P&D?

I’m far from a tea-leaf reader but the implication raises an eyebrow. Does he know the vote tally trend as of today (likely). Does he know other NPMI (likely).

(Cue Twilight Zone theme)

😎
You dont actually net in term of $ unless you sell everything. You pay taxes on exercising either out of pocket or sell says 40% of the shares.

If you pay out of pocket its better to do it at a low SP.

If you sell 40%, its irrelevant what the SP is.

Only when you sell all the shares after exercising will you benefit from a higher SP.