Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope this ages well:

Screenshot_20211231-174114.png

This is a dangerous thread.

Reading these posts with dozens/100s of positions being opened and big YOLO lotto plays, I can't decide whether I need to get more aggressive or go hide like a scared turtle. Most likely the latter.
You should be clear on your own objectives, risk management, and portfolio management :)

All the rest of it is just noise, though it might be helpful noise with the rationales for the positions going into the soup with all of the other info you have for informing your own positions.

You should be clear on your own objectives, risk management, and portfolio management :)

All the rest of it is just noise, though it might be helpful noise with the rationales for the positions going into the soup with all of the other info you have for informing your own positions.
Thanks; ya, I know. I was mostly joking. I have neither the means nor the constitution to play in this arena.

I am perfectly happy to hold shares and LEAPs long term. Reading this thread is teaching me some great lessons on creating some extra income, which is the main reason I'm here. But reading of these accounts is certainly entertaining and a bit awe-inspiring.

This week seemed like a bit of sell-the-news of Elon finishing selling and a little profit-taking. I've been selling a few Jan 7 1000/950's each day this week. It's always possible that we have another leg down but with P&D numbers coming out and the recall news cycle ending soon, above 1000 seems likely.

Hoping for a close above 1062 today since that's acted as a pretty good support level recently ---- Edit: Not looking likely 😂
Was thinking of this. I suppose some funds, especially event oriented, might have bought the dip looking to close the trade soon. There might even be some incentive to close the trade this year to book profits.

Hopefully this overhang becomes moot if actuals come close to Troy's ~300k estimate.

That guy is a poker millionaire, so gambling is sort of his thing.. he said he went all-in TSLA sometime in 2020. Rumoured that he has around some 10s of millions worth of tsla stock.

So take his gambles with the grain of salt that 300k is not that much to him. Also if the stock doesn't rally on monday, he will probably close the position.. Have seen him do these sort of gambles before.

Tesla Q4 2021 Vehicle Production & Deliveries​

BUSINESS WIRE
Jan 2, 2022
AUSTIN, Texas, January 2, 2022 – In the fourth quarter, we achieved production of more than 305,000 vehicles and deliveries of over 308,000 vehicles. In 2021, we delivered over 936,000 vehicles.
Thank you to all of our customers, employees, suppliers, shareholders and supporters who helped us achieve a great year.

Q4 2021​

ProductionDeliveriesSubject to operating lease accounting
Model S/X13,10911,75017%
Model 3/Y292,731296,8505%
Total305,840308,6005%

2021​

ProductionDeliveries
Model S/X24,39024,964
Model 3/Y906,032911,208
Total930,422936,172

I think this is a blowout!
No way there can be a push down tomorrow, right???

As great as the news P&D results are, I keep remembering all the times the SP did the opposite of what we expect.

Of course it should go up on Monday, but I won't be surprised if it goes down, just because everyone thinks it's going up.
I don’t know if “they” can pull if off for long.

The sensible thing to do is to buy any dip & leverage. Pretty sure all bulls will be doing this.