Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
quick STO play at today's open

1643898994204.png

closing it now

lol - they are trying hard to shake out the weak hands for sure!
Overnight they early assigned my -P $1120's
These were not for tomorrow but for 02/11 and still had $5 of time value left in them.

Definitely some shenanigans going on to force the market down - margin call as many as possible and what I am guessing is - get them back to work by making their gains evaporate.

I had these 90% backed by cash and only 30% of margin used for other things so now I just have more shares.
Was planning on selling CC's against them next week for $2k in 2024 but now I think I will just hold tight.
Feels like there will be good news on the horizon - only so many hits the market can take before money on the sidelines starts to find good deals.

Stay safe out there!
Cheers
Update - I just checked my cost basis on these Puts that were early assigned and they are $857..... between time value left and share price over cost basis, seems fishy.... Either way - Yay more shares and time for some WHEEL!

How do you all deal with the expensive roll propositions. Meaning, although I can roll 2/11 960/850 to September 900/750 down, out, and wide for credit, the cost of the short leg goes from 72$ to 161$ ... just makes a huge snowball to deal with if we for whatever reason are held down beyond September. Buying to close then would be a problem.

Alternatively I can close two almost similar spreads at a 10k loss.

I was expecting TSLA to drop to 800 right after market open and here it is almost in the 900s. When I expect a sharp drop, it doesn’t happen. I am hesitating to roll my -p925 18/2 or wait.
Tesla is showing a lot of strength this morning, fighting against growth macros, QQQ down, and relentless fake recall stories.

lol - they are trying hard to shake out the weak hands for sure!
Overnight they early assigned my -P $1120's
These were not for tomorrow but for 02/11 and still had $5 of time value left in them.

Definitely some shenanigans going on to force the market down - margin call as many as possible and what I am guessing is - get them back to work by making their gains evaporate.

I had these 90% backed by cash and only 30% of margin used for other things so now I just have more shares.
Was planning on selling CC's against them next week for $2k in 2024 but now I think I will just hold tight.
Feels like there will be good news on the horizon - only so many hits the market can take before money on the sidelines starts to find good deals.

Stay safe out there!
Cheers

It's very unlikely those puts still had $5 of time value left. Probably only $1 (look at what the c1120 for 2/11 was doing yesterday - $1- and this will approximately have been the time value left in a p1120 for that same date). When a put is that far ITM you have to keep an eye on the time value left. Anything under $2 becomes a risk and then it's time to roll out to a later date.

Last edited:
Lots of doom & gloom overnight, better in the light of day. I still think MaxPain is in control for this week (925+/-5), so sold a few -c950s & -c955s for $5-$6.xx. Will roll if needed. Still holding lots of Sep22 -p1000s, Jan23 -p1100s, and one 2/4 -p900 that I will only roll at less than $0.20. Willing to take the shares, but would rather take $15/wk selling well-timed ATM puts. I need some real profits to make back those crazy “realized” losses (vs all those “unrealized” future profits). I finally went back to the spreadsheet, wow, nothing like an early January 5-figure “realized” gain turning into 6-figure “realized” loss last Friday. Ouch. All cash secured puts, so will roll again if needed.

Last edited by a moderator: