Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like my 750/850 is going to be a nail biter all the way to the close today. They only need to drop it another 2% or so....
SP was around 930 when I opened the position yesterday - 10% above the short leg with a day and a half of trading until expiry. Amazing.
And I thought my -p750 18/2 were more than safe because I thought we would close around 930 today. I think we will rebound next week but from what I see from Technical analysis we are in a near term downward triangle heading to 750 which I don’t find interesting. Absolutely not.

Looks like my 750/850 is going to be a nail biter all the way to the close today. They only need to drop it another 2% or so....
SP was around 930 when I opened the position yesterday - 10% above the short leg with a day and a half of trading until expiry. Amazing.
This is like watching a train wreck in slow motion. Down to 863 now. WTF...

Looks at my options. If shares get assigned, and I want to make sure I sell them next week without losing money even if the SP drops because of Ukraine, I could sell 750 strike CC for over $100. That gives me a little profit despite getting the shares at 850 and selling them at 750. Am I missing something?

Reactions: SinghCo
Looks at my options. If shares get assigned, and I want to make sure I sell them next week without losing money even if the SP drops because of Ukraine, I could sell 750 strike CC for over $100. That gives me a little profit despite getting the shares at 850 and selling them at 750. Am I missing something?
The only potential thing you may be missing is the possibility that the SP is less than $750 on ED. I know it's not likely, but we've been saying that for weeks now.

The only potential thing you may be missing is the possibility that the SP is less than $750 on ED. I know it's not likely, but we've been saying that for weeks now.
Correct, but then my new "cost basis" would be 750, and I could probably write a 700 call for the following week for over $50 and still profit in the end - Right?

Correct, but then my new "cost basis" would be 750, and I could probably write a 700 call for the following week for over $50 and still profit in the end - Right?
Sounds right to me.

Holding shares that you are ok with having called away provides relatively easy income. I write CCs also, but I am much more conservative because I don't want my shares called away. I've left a lot of money on the table the last 4 weeks.

We closed the gap, created the second shoulder, and poked out of the channel a bit. My best guess is this is the bottom. Not placing any bets though since I'm overextended already.

1644609441961.png

Thinking of a Ratio Put Spread - double the bought puts to sold puts for next week before close.

That way I collect premium up front, but if we gap down I make more on the long leg than the short.

Like this -