Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1. There's a lot of time value there $232 to start.
2. It's a pure put, so early assignment just means shares that one can sell and reput, write CC against, or just hold. One doesn't need to avoid assignment.
3. @OrthoSurg if you make it a 1000/500 put spread, you cut margin/ cash requirements in half for only a $35 reduction in premium. One of the big reasons I'm considering switching some accounts to Fidelity from Vanguard.
Great discussions. 1000/500 spread X 50 ties up 2.5M in margin for 2 years on a potentially risky spread. With that much margin, I can do weekly spreads 20-30% OTM each week and make more (with what I think is less risk).

So is 900 safe for this Friday? ;)
I’m thinking yes with support around 915-920(worst case)

NO

We had a 140 point drop in a few minutes last week and we were trading under $900 less than one month ago.

I may be day trading bps this week to avoid getting trapped in a gap down after hours. That’s what I did last week. Open the position on a dip and close later in the day. I made a decent return even on a down day with this approach. I’m looking at 800/700 bps today

Good luck, players 👍

NO

We had a 140 point drop in a few minutes last week and we were trading under $900 less than one month ago.

I may be day trading bps this week to avoid getting trapped in a gap down after hours. That’s what I did last week. Open the position on a dip and close later in the day. I made a decent return even on a down day with this approach. I’m looking at 800/700 bps today

Good luck, players 👍
Luckily we have decent macros, otherwise I would expect a dive into the low $900s this morning. We still might see that. I'll be ecstatic if we close above $1,000 today. Not a bad idea day trading the BPS. I still have lots of open BPS from last week to deal with, including some 960/860s that are high on stomach acid right now.

Lets see if those CC I sold finally drop back down to what I sold them for, so I can buy them back without a loss...
In my mother's IRA, I have 850/600 and 800/600 BPS for Friday. Hoping to roll them in a few days to next week - probably 800/550, or 750/550. Those would allow the SP to drop to 700 and still be easily rolled. They should be safe enough for her account, where I'm not letting myself do anything risky that could lose her retirement money.

With the production roadmap we've got in front of us in 2022 this price action, although painful, seems like an opportunity for the placing of some long term bets. I've never played with LEAP's before, so I'm seeking wisdom from those of you that have bought them with success. What are the right ways to think about buying LEAP's? What strikes and dates are you all buying for?

• Helpful
Reactions: BabyBull and FS_FRA
Got out of my 11/19 -900/+700 on open. "only" 45ish% profit, but with Elon drip-selling, and his childish Twitter feud with Sanders and the whole woke establishment, I see us heading below 900 before we head back above 1100. Premiums $200 away from the strike are poor....

As such.....Bear Call Spreads.....or simply sell CCs above 1100 for this week?

11/19 -1100/+1300 BCS is paying around $7

11/19 1100 CC is paying around $6.5, delta 0.145

Never done BCS's.... any not-advice?

Edit: premiums are diving with the stock price....only $5.5 now for the BCS

Got out of my 11/19 -900/+700 on open. "only" 45ish% profit, but with Elon drip-selling, and his childish Twitter feud with Sanders and the whole woke establishment, I see us heading below 900 before we head back above 1100. Premiums $200 away from the strike are poor....

As such.....Bear Call Spreads.....or simply sell CCs above 1100 for this week?

11/19 -1100/+1300 BCS is paying around $7

11/19 1100 CC is paying around $6.5, delta 0.145

Never done BCS's.... any not-advice?

Edit: premiums are diving with the stock price....only $5.5 now for the BCS
I think you closed the 900/700 way too early. That spread was safe to 850 or lower. I have the same spread in my account, and I'm waiting for the 900 to lose value before rolling to next week. I'm torn between keeping the 900 strike next week, or rolling down to 850. The 850 will get more credit after more Theta burns off on this week's 900. We shall see...

I think you closed the 900/700 way too early. That spread was safe to 850 or lower. I have the same spread in my account, and I'm waiting for the 900 to lose value before rolling to next week. I'm torn between keeping the 900 strike next week, or rolling down to 850. The 850 will get more credit after more Theta burns off on this week's 900. We shall see...

I know potentially I closed it too early, but I have a stressful week and can't babysit this as we head towards 900.... profit is profit.

Any opinion on CC or BCS?

It's so bad Musk ruin again that rally, the same like he did with a Bitcoin in January. Can he shut his mouth for a couple of weeks? Very difficult with this is kind of the leadership make a long term investment.
I know I've been prone to occasionally posting off-topic items on this thread, but can you please keep opinions like these to yourself please?

If you've made an options trade based on what Musk has done on twitter recently, we'd like to hear about it and your reasons why.

Thank you.

7D84B6C7-6A2B-4F89-981E-EBB85E4217E6.jpeg

Well, it sure looks like some big options sellers have set the mark: Is that a combination of @Yoona @Chenkers @Lycanthrope and @BornToFly ? In any case, sell ICs on the other side of 900/950-1050/1100.