Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
as of right now, highest gamma for 10/21 ~225ish

1665701743713.png

1665702817549.png

Last edited:
Today I sold ATM 10/14 -225c for $2 , let the MM play their games. Either direction, can expire worthless, can roll if I need to or have the lesser cost shares called away.
Closed these for .17 , nice 1 DTE win

On to managing soon to be assigned 265/215 bps for 10/21. Just pennies left of time value, may have to sell calls to improve strike some with a roll to the same expiry.

Can you please explain what this implies? Does that make $225 the "wall"?
uhmm, imma NEWBIE Trader!

they can explain it better with examples:

At least you are still working and can fix your mistakes, and buy more shares with new money....

Yes and I doubled my annual income with medicolegal expertises and starting replacing joints in a private clinique on November 25th because our public system has waiting list of 3 years. All this new money will be poured into TSLA and to back my underwater puts

Yes and I doubled my annual income with medicolegal expertises and starting replacing joints in a private clinique on November 25th because our public system has waiting list of 3 years. All this new money will be poured into TSLA and to back my underwater puts

/me grits his teeth and really wants to say something about the "public system has a waiting list of 3 years".

Who likes a YOLO? (me!!!!!)

Wanted to buy some calls for next week as we are overdue for a bounce....
Wanted something under 10% away and $230 was just slightly out of it.
Wanted to do 25 contracts to make it worth while and "fun"
Went with the $227.50's at $3.05 each

Fooling around with other stuff like far OTM call sales for 100 contracts before making my purchase.........................
Schwab keeps the amount you have set and I'm dumb, so in for 100 $227.50 calls for next week.....

(please bounce, please bounce, please bounce)

That's a yolo for you!

(not financial advice :p)

Who likes a YOLO? (me!!!!!)

Wanted to buy some calls for next week as we are overdue for a bounce....
Wanted something under 10% away and $230 was just slightly out of it.
Wanted to do 25 contracts to make it worth while and "fun"
Went with the $227.50's at $3.05 each

Fooling around with other stuff like far OTM call sales for 100 contracts before making my purchase.........................
Schwab keeps the amount you have set and I'm dumb, so in for 100 $227.50 calls for next week.....

(please bounce, please bounce, please bounce)

That's a yolo for you!

(not financial advice :p)

I like the bet but not sure about YOLO. Given the macro situation it might be prudent to sell half if you get a bump going into earnings next week.

I actually did a 25X diagonal + Nov 22 250/- Jan 23 293.33 for a very small credit. If we get a recovery in the next few weeks my plan is to close out my long position and let 2500 shares called away in case TSLA rallies to 293.33 by Jan 23. Rest of my shares and LEAPS will thank me lol.

I like the bet but not sure about YOLO. Given the macro situation it might be prudent to sell half if you get a bump going into earnings next week.

I actually did a 25X diagonal + Nov 22 250/- Jan 23 293.33 for a very small credit. If we get a recovery in the next few weeks my plan is to close out my long position and let 2500 shares called away in case TSLA rallies to 293.33 by Jan 23. Rest of my shares and LEAPS will thank me lol.
Copied! 👀

Closed the 230cc (next week) that I opened yesterday for a 2/3rds 1 day profit (in $5, out $1.70ish). Hard to say no, and my trading rules lead me to take these strong / fast profits as there is frequently a rebound the next day. Even if we're only back +$10 tomorrow (less up than down), that'll still make for a good re-entry and sell more calls.

If I were feeling more bold (and not always wrong on thoughts like these) then I too would be buying some calls for next week or the week after looking for earnings to provide movement upwards.