Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok experts, what in the world is this? Relatively large number of puts traded waaaaay out there (260, 266, 300) for 11/18. FYI, there were more traded today than were open, so these are new trades today. These have essentially zero intrinsic/time value (~$0.10), so what’s up? Anybody selling those will probably have them exercised overnight. Why would anybody buy them? To guarantee a way to sell massive numbers of shares? Does someone know something? A bet on SP rising in the AM due to the election? I’m clueless.
View attachment 872731

Someone knew Elon was selling and is expecting a rally in the short term? They paid nearly nothing for those, so if they go up they make a killing.

He sold almost $4B. How can you trust him when he said he was done selling and then he said that he will never let us down? I am so naive lol. I now find the HOLD mentality idiotic but I have to HOLD to recover for who knows how long. When we recover I am going all cash Yonna style.

Lots of pain, Had 159 BPS go to full loss b/c of this.

At least it's not the Twitter overhang like people were speculating (I hope).

oof-old-man.gif

Elon sold shares.

He literally cost me over $4Million at todays SP, $8Million at ATH.
Damn, i'm sorry to hear that. I didn't see that you had made some moves to protect your portfolio from further downside. That is enraging (regarding how he blind sided us). I'm not sure what to say. Hopefully we have clear skies from here on out.

Damn, i'm sorry to hear that. I didn't see that you had made some moves to protect your portfolio from further downside. That is enraging (regarding how he blind sided us). I'm not sure what to say. Hopefully we have clear skies from here on out.

If he does not explain this I think we are going to have a pretty crazy sale IMO.

I am fairly certain that elon has been selling thursdsay friday and today. He probably used margin to finalize the twitter transactions and has been selling the past 3 trading days to close the margin. I'm sure we'll see forms 4 filed tonight
Dang, you were almost right! It was Friday, Mon, and Tuesday.

@dl003 - been following your TA, thanks.

Does Elon selling make any difference, or "the numbers are just the numbers"?
Elon selling does screw up the technicals, yes. It's impossible to ponder the coulda & woulda if he didn't sell at this point, though.
All, I made 2 new posts here. TSLA Technical Analysis & Roadmap
The last is the most important one at this juncture.

If he does not explain this I think we are going to have a pretty crazy sale IMO.
It's hard to say. If he is done selling but can't say his done then you would buy the dip here because the selling pressure is gone and any sale is just short term traders buying puts or shorting the stock. Anyone who held through the 200 support breaking isn't going to crack now.

If he has to sell more than we are screwed any way because he'll be dumping more on the market.

I would argue that we go up tomorrow just because this sale means the charts and technical's aren't screwed up and traders will take this chance to swing trade to the upside rather than try to make money by going for the downside. But hey what do i know.

Reactions: BornToFly
Elon selling does screw up the technicals, yes. It's impossible to ponder the coulda & woulda if he didn't sell at this point, though.
All, I made 2 new posts here. TSLA Technical Analysis & Roadmap
The last is the most important one at this juncture.
I must add, Elon's selling has been the bane of my existence. TSLA long term chart is a nightmare to deal with because of it. I believe, absent further ****ery, we are at or very close to a major low in TSLA. Tomorrow should be very green.

I must add, Elon's selling has been the bane of my existence. TSLA long term chart is a nightmare to deal with because of it. I believe, absent further ****ery, we are at or very close to a major low in TSLA. Tomorrow should be very green.

Anyone with a brain that is short TSLA right now would be closing those positions ASAP.