Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is the consensus still at 420k?
I really don't know
The thing is they will pull whatever number they want to toss into their FUD. 399k is a likeable number for bull btw.
I think they're wanting the stock to go up from here, likely all their clients loaded up now...

Bunch of crooks...

:mad::mad::mad:

I was assigned 355 Put contracts with Jan 2025 Expiration, 330 strike. They had around $1 of extrinsic left. Don't know if that means the holder knew the SP was going to bounce and they were better off selling the shares at 330 (and take the loss on the time value) rather than wait for TSLA to go lower....

One thing to consider is that as liquidity dries up due to QT, I expect MMs are going to be less interested in having these positions on their books. Increases risk of early assignment. I don’t have anything to back that up other than my own speculation, but makes sense I think.

I really don't know

I think they're wanting the stock to go up from here, likely all their clients loaded up now...

Bunch of crooks...
I hope that's true. I will not open anything for next week until seeing the P&D numbers, and if they look good, I might consider to do 1-2 DTE call options only and start selling more aggressive ITM calls when we see 140-150. Only if we see 140-150, of course, hopefully before ER.

Finally - patience is a virtue I never knew I had: STO 10x 1/27 -c125 @$11.1 = result as I was OK to sell those for $9.1 yesterday...

Yes, this is small downside hedge against a crapy P&D/Eearnings, but being just 10x contracts, easy enough to roll out and up if we rally

……and your LEAPs would ordinarily move more than shares.

Wow that is right in fact I am already +17% on my LEAPS since yesterday 3:40PM

That was a classic full blown retail capitulation with a short squeeze occurring after

God that was awful

I can enjoy my ski day for once without receiving 4 calls from my broker

We are around this Fib ~$115 level that I had thought we may find some consolidation. Looks like a short squeeze today, ironically after there was a mad rush of long puts on TSLA yesterday.

I think we will see resistance around $133 (130-135).

In late Jan if the market flushes down from Q1 earnings, I think we can see $60-80. I'll buy leaps at $80.

My current positions:
1. 200 @$240 cost basis
2. 2x short 130p (1/20, 2/17) -> I had rolled 135P 12/30 to 130p 2/17

1672327657939.png

:mad::mad::mad:

I was assigned 355 Put contracts with Jan 2025 Expiration, 330 strike. They had around $1 of extrinsic left. Don't know if that means the holder knew the SP was going to bounce and they were better off selling the shares at 330 (and take the loss on the time value) rather than wait for TSLA to go lower....
May be the counterparty wanted to cover a short ?

BTW, this is the most hilarious of all margin call reasons I've seen ...

Jets: 1 (then sold thanks to leveraging into a Biden Administration 🤦‍♂️)

Last edited:
I was lucky, in the short run, and nibbled on more stock yesterday at $110 and bought my covered calls back, but I don't think this has played out. I hedged a bit this morning, sold some Jan 22 covered calls when SP was 122.

On the bright side there's a lot of talk about buying shares at $95-$100 so that might be a near term bottom.

I should add out of curiosity I drove by the local new Tesla vehicle overflow lot this morning and it's still half full. Production may have met demand for now.

Last edited:
Has anyone opened any CC's for next week. I am thinking about 155-150's? I might wait until tomorrow.
I sold 26x -c145 and 10x -c115 already last week, along with 4x -p115

Just hedging a potential poor P&D a bit with the -c115's, they were sold before the big drop below 120, so have some decent premium baked-in

Last edited:
Used up extra capital and deployed margin again to buy shares and leaps. 15 percent leverage on the long side.

Year end rebalancing or tax harvesting will be over soon. PD report more likely to be neutral. I view the earnings report and guidance to be more significant.

Not selling calls for next week until the PD report comes out.

Last edited:
Reactions: traxila
I should add out of curiosity I drove by the local new Tesla vehicle overflow lot this morning and it's still half full. Production may have met demand for now.
But nothing available in inventory - so must be cars that are still to be delivered ?

ps : There is some thought that Tesla doesn't mind carrying a bit of inventory into next month where they start getting a lot of incentives.

Reactions: kabin
But nothing available in inventory - so must be cars that are still to be delivered ?

ps : There is some thought that Tesla doesn't mind carrying a bit of inventory into next month where they start getting a lot of incentives.

Dunno but wouldn't be surprise if online info was questionable. New online purchase still shows possibility of a Dec 22 delivery.

• Informative
Reactions: ice
Has anyone opened any CC's for next week. I am thinking about 155-150's? I might wait until tomorrow.
Looking at 140 but want 2/share premium.

Repositioned a bit today:

Sold 100 PUT I bought for margin purposes and replaced it with a 80 PUT.
Bought back 200 CC and sold a 230 CC in stead.
All jan 25, making 350 credit.

edit: what just happened? Stock price went to 112 for a split second?