Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well that was a very sucky end to the day. Had hoped we'd stay above $200 and after a strong start to the day, it looked to be holding until there was a concerted effort in the final 30 minutes

For my part:
- BTC 43x 3/17 -c300 @65c (opened last Tuesday 50% profits)
- BTC 15x 2/24 -c215 @1.17 (opened Friday 62% profits)

Obviously the idea is to resell when the SP reverses... you could also argue it's leaving money on the table, but the number of times I've been presented with easy profits and decided to wait, only for them to evaporate... so now I'll take them as they come - no-one ever lose money taken 50% on every trade, eh?

15x -p200's still open for this week

Timing sucks. I wanted to stop with the weeklies and sell Jan 2024 400 strike CC today against the rest of my shares. I was looking for $13-14. I'm not willing to sell them for $10. Hopefully we get a bounce in the next week. Obviously if the SP keeps going down this week the premiums will get worse.

Just curious why are you wanting to sell those calls? Are you thinking about taking a break from trading? or do you think we are at a local high?

Ahah, I think killed the stock - coincides with the dump at 14:48 from which is never recovered:

Ford, Lucid, Rivian and GM are down about the same or more. I still have my $245's for next week and I would love to sell more at $2 but who knows if I am going to get that chance.

Reactions: MaxPain
Lovely day for daytrading, with all of my shares this time, because it was so obvious we would not end above $210. Closed my cc $217,5 at a (too small)gain, then sold around $206, to buy all + 9 shares back aftermarket @197.25. I expect a $210+ coming for tomorrow/Thursday as well and think, looking at OI for Friday, maybe we end the week more around 205-ish. Then a short run into investorday after which anything is possible, maybe we again get a lot of realistic(IMO) but too futuristic insights, that the market again first wants to see happening…. Sigh… . Exponential growth has again and again proven to be too hard to understand. But the steep part of the EV-s-curve this year and that of storage-part mid 2024 will hopefully help us avoid a 3rd-gap fill (110 was it?).
But macro sure is talking most now.. FOMC minutes tomorrow 14:00 EST will decide the move and again, I follow @dl003 on the S&P. First relief, then disappointment and then “didn’t we price this in already?” Short rallye. FUD “no we didn’t” leading to a bottom (possibly 1-gap-filling$150 but more likely $175 indeed!)
fundamentally macro still waiting for fear/greed15, vix40, carloans (repo) and mortgages defaulting. that would drag TSLA down too, even on good company-fundamentals as we have seen last year, didn’t we? Still can’t believe that drop and crying a bit over the loss that brought to me (-P😿) so I am saving my gunpowder into -P for a blood-in-the-streets-level, buying LEAPS at that time too. Still not sure it wil not happen again..

At least he has admitted his stupidity on this a few times now.

And we can hope that non-profit does not mean losing money, but breaking even.
And making it a profitable company so quick. We will all be suprised how fast it wil be back public and then… what will Elon do with the money. He promised something. That would take away a lot of hesitation to buy for institutions… (and would be a perfect reason we probably will never see 110 (pre-next-split 😹) again if the re-IPO-announcement comes in time
FYI: q4 was already break-even.

Update from Cary Artac (to add to the mix):

A close above $190.53 on Wednesday (tomorrow) keeps upward momentum intact and can yield $221.25 over 1-2 weeks, with $250.45 in reach within 3-5 weeks. Likewise, a hold above $190.53 presents opportunity to bottom-pick shares for a run to $221.25 over 3-5 days, or $250.45 in 3-5 week if we don't reject in the low $220's.

A close above $209.85 validates and supports continuation to $221.25 and eventually $250.45 levels. If over the next week or so we close above $224.90, then $250.45 is a week or two away 👀

A break below $190.53 can yield a test of $180.63 intra-day and $173.40 becomes within reach by Friday's close.
Any close below $190.53 shifts momentum negative over a 2-3-week time-horizon and can yield the $146.23 level over that time period.

1677021643421.png

A close above $190.53 on Wednesday (tomorrow) keeps upward momentum intact and can yield $221.25 over 1-2 weeks, with $250.45 in reach within 3-5 weeks. Likewise, a hold above $190.53 presents opportunity to bottom-pick shares for a run to $221.25 over 3-5 days, or $250.45 in 3-5 week if we don't reject in the low $220's.

A close above $209.85 validates and supports continuation to $221.25 and eventually $250.45 levels. If over the next week or so we close above $224.90, then $250.45 is a week or two away 👀

A break below $190.53 can yield a test of $180.63 intra-day and $173.40 becomes within reach by Friday's close.
Any close below $190.53 shifts momentum negative over a 2-3-week time-horizon and can yield the $146.23 level over that time period.

View attachment 909830
146.23 in a few weeks would be a godsend for my account.

I have sold all my LEAPs around 207-210 range a couple weeks ago and will be DCA'ing down, every $10 drop of SP will trigger BTO 3-4 LEAPs until I run out of free cash.

View attachment 909830
So he is basically saying if it goes up, it could go up more. If it goes down, it could go down more. 🤓

Just curious why are you wanting to sell those calls? Are you thinking about taking a break from trading? or do you think we are at a local high?
There was a time last week when I was worried my 227.5 calls (sold for around 0.2) were going to end ITM. Rolling them would have meant no more income for the rest of the year (I'm not ok letting my shares go for anything under 400). I fear a pop that could run me over. Selling Jan 2024 400CC for $12 gives more return than selling weeklies for 0.2 every week without the risk of getting trapped. I'm not too worried about 400 in a year. Even if we get to 450, those I would be happy to roll out and up, or let exercise.

I also would like to buy a less expensive plane now, and getting money now (instead of in a drip throughout the year) would help with the purchase.

Timing sucks. I wanted to stop with the weeklies and sell Jan 2024 400 strike CC today against the rest of my shares. I was looking for $13-14. I'm not willing to sell them for $10. Hopefully we get a bounce in the next week. Obviously if the SP keeps going down this week the premiums will get worse.

The peace of mind it gives…
I forgot to look at the SP for 4 days!!!!

I was on call and crazy week end and had a big day today too but I don’t have to follow the SP as closely as before. Almost feel on vacation.

This macro is annoying, but I'm far less concerned compared with end 2022 as Tesla/$TSLA looks in very good shape. The growth story is very much back on track, Elon has (mostly) toned-down his dumb-ass tweets, lots coming up in 2023

And I'm still convinced inflation will begin to show a sharp drop in the coming months, which should quieten the FED and reverse the macro

My line in the sand today and tomorrow is 198. If we break 198, it means that we're done bouncing and will headed down to 192.5 to complete wave A. Holding above 198 means 210+ is still in play. If 198 is broken I'll roll my short puts to next week.

Mauro aiming for a gap fill in the 160s He still turned bullish and says he is going long as soon as W-2 is confirmed.

Lots of bearish tweets answering to him.

Markets feeling decidedly bearish right now, might roll this week's -p200's to -200 straddles next week -> the premiums are very juicy, and we do seem to be wandering around 200 a lot recently... as always, I have a planned escape route for the -c200's behind Jan 24 -c233's, for puts I would just keep rolling at the same strike as I really expect TSLA to rise in the coming months, fundamentals are way too good

Edit: pre-markets turning green as the most hawkish of the FED, Bullard, surprisingly making fairly dovish comments

Last edited:
Entertainment Time Out: TSLAQs *are* really getting desperate. Martin Eberhard -whom Elon helped as a side interest from his SpaceX main préoccupation at the time, but got fired when it was discovered he sold Roadster 1 at a loss, totally the opposite of what the goal was...- pens this piece below

Bullish for TSLA?

Time will tell

Premarket is back at 198.60, but so are a Goog, MSFT and AAPL so could be a macro micro event
Screenshot_20230222-073050.png