Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last update before close:

I still think we'll have another leg up to hit 210+ this week. However, apparently 200 is no longer the intraday bottom. Since the first leg of the bounce is still best counted as a 5 wave sequence, 197.5 most likely will be the bottom, reached early tomorrow morning before a big bounce to 210+.

192.5P is a bit too close for my taste for holding overnight, especially since we're not bouncing today yet. Rolled them to 177.5P 3/3 for 0.4 credit. Pretty good I must say.

View attachment 909774
Initially, I thought that once we got to 208, we would go down again because the first leg down from 218 to 197 took a form of a 5 wave sequence, which meant there would be another leg down once the retracement has completed.
no, not anymore. Not next week. The structure of the reversal from 218 is impulsive, therefore it is only the first leg down. We should bounce to 208 sometimes next week but chances are we'll go down again. 240 can happen but not without sufficient basing. If you feel hairy about it, you can close the butterfly call to recoup some premium and use that to roll the 192.5P down to 187.5 or something like that.
However, what stood out on Tuesday was the bullish structure of the retracement in yellow. This lead me to make the same argument as the one I made on Friday: there should be another leg up to complete the retracement from 197, once the retracement of that retracement has completed. EWT does not allow for the retracement in cyan to extend beyond the start of the yellow sequence, which lead me to say that if TSLA breaks 198, I will roll my short puts out because my count will turn out to have been wrong.
1677012457789-png.909774

My 2nd count turned out to be wrong while my 1st count correct. What went wrong was I tried to go in too deep, counting the yellow retracement and giving it too much weight. Waves at this level can be very deceiving due to the truncated timeframe and low volume. Instead of 198-210-198-210, the entire retracement was just a simple 198-210.

Here's the updated chart
1677090784821.png

It's not guaranteed at this moment that 191.8 was the bottom of wave A, although I give it a very high chance. If it is not the bottom, then we'll be looking at a leading diagonal for wave A, like so:
1677091006993.png

The implication of a leading diagonal A lies in the full potential of the correction. While a simple zig zag A targets 187, a leading diagonal would target 161. So let's see if TSLA can break out from this falling wedge or does it need another test of the lower trendline. The immediate bounce would still target 207+ but what happens after can be drastically different.

*Leading diagonals are very rare compared to zig zags.

Last edited:
Having been late to the day-trade, happy to at least add 2 :eek:free shares today. Still all in on shares, no options whatsoever. little gains still are better then uncontrollable losses. and like orthosurge bought me a lot of free time and peace of mind. Daytrading is OK, just to add a few shares a day. (doing so 150 days a year being successful adds slow but without headaches. New to me is only focussing on number of shares and not $$.
Knowing long term they grow. Even recognising that putting temporarily free money to the account (which does never leads to taxability in Holland!) can mean for instance selling my MODEL 3 early (after a trip to portugal) and gain so much in shares later on it maybe can pay for my new Model Y in november. Pretty sure from may to november/december we go up... a lot...

lol wtf was that about.
Just a good old rejection. TSLA is now stuck here. On the downside we have a very bullish 4h reversal candle that sets the floor. On the upside we have the descending trendline acting as resistance. Might have a little epileptic episode that lasts one more day here before something comes out to break it out of this range.
1677097327635.png

Last edited:
I started dipping my toes back into the water yesterday, opening this Friday 180/170 put spreads at .40.

On $10 wide spread that is 4% on capital at risk - I remind myself of that constantly, because my immediate reaction to .40 is its a rounding error. That's pre-split thinking that its a rounding error, when its actually really good money.

Still open - if I'd checked in at the end of the market today I would have closed the position. End of today was .17.

I'd like to see a lot more trading around this level - I still view this $200 range to be too low to sell cc at, but I also consider it to be a great price to be selling puts at.

I understand that we are all very bullish on Tesla the company long term. However, be very careful here as I’m sensing the broader market is going to accelerate to the downside very soon. I’ve just started selling CC’s again and wont be selling puts after this week. More specifically, beware of the next leg down once wave B has completed at 207-210. I still think the consolidation phase will be bullish, but the sentiment here has got a bit too euphoric. Im afraid something is going to break for someone.

Last edited:
I understand that we are all very bullish on Tesla the company long term. However, be very careful here as I’m sensing the broader market is going to accelerate to the downside very soon. I’ve just started selling CC’s again and wont be selling puts after this week. More specifically, beware of the next leg down once wave B has completed at 207-210. I still think the consolidation phase will be bullish, but the sentiment here has got a bit too euphoric. Im afraid something is going to break for someone.

Very sobering and well said. I was hoping for a pop to at least $240 so I could sell some trapped shares from that period (1,900 to be exact) and have cash on hand to buy at new lows, but perhaps it’ll have to be next year or whenever TSLA’s visit to Hades is complete and we rebound.

What strike(s) and expiration(s) are you looking at for STO CC’s and when do you plan to set them in motion?

Might see some upside today after NVIDIA's earnings and market reaction (+8.89% AH).
Should we visit 207-210 today, I'm looking to sell 240+ CC for next week and maybe a higher one for the end of March.

Yesterday Elon said investor day isn't only for Tesla investors but "also for investors in the future of the world" or something like that.
We will probably like what we hear, but chances are high media will sell what he says as bs or not likely to happen.