Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Meow, flop.
For coming weeks BIG put walls @ 150, so a SP scenario is to take out 144 quickly and then move back a bit above 150. An other possibility is to now stay above 150 until May's big expiration and then hit 143. I hope for the first. Let's get it over with, but think the second one will roll out more likely.
growl

• Funny
Reactions: Jim Holder and dc_h
Given that it's 10% up AH, I would hazard a guess that $META results were a "beat", whatever that entails... so at least the other tech mega caps are doing their part to keep the indices up, which can only help, surely...

In some ways, the fact that Tesla is the outlier in terms of performance is even more concerning. Maybe apples to oranges, right? However, in looking at the auto sector specifically, and I haven't looked under the hood at these numbers in depth, but I believe GM beat and upgraded its 2023FY forecast the other day. Ford gives its numbers next week.

Food for thought.

I didn't trade this week but followed along after hours. Monday and Tuesday gamma exposure was about even to slightly negative, gamma flip was at 161 and it did ... went hard negative today. There's still a bit of volume at c165, c170; p150, p160 lightened slightly. Is the consensus that 153 or so is the local bottom? Looks like there's some room to climb towards the high 150s. I'll have to go through some of the trades y'all placed for the next two weeks, see if I can read between the lines. Otherwise, low premiums, too risky ATM, probably best to sit out until Monday.

TSLA-TotalGamma-26Apr2023-b.png
TSLA-TotalGamma-25Apr2023-b.png
TSLA-TotalGamma-24Apr2023-b.png

Shorty pushing down hard in pre-market. QoQ GDP reading just came in stone-cold at +1.1% versus a forecast +2.3%, might make JPow choke on his cornflakes and wonder whether they need to rethink things a bit

Looking to close out this week's -c160's cheap today on the crazy hope that we get some kind of reversal before I resell...

Everything on my watchlist is green this morning in pre-market. EVERYTHING. Except TSLA. The (naked) short sellers are coming after TSLA hard. There is no reason for this in a quarter with 100% YOY growth and exploding EV market worldwide.
Wall St wants to see profits. 100% YoY growth is easy to achieve for Tesla if they are cutting prices. They could achieve 500% YoY Growth if they cut prices another 50% and start losing lots of money on every car they sell. There is truth to what Elon says, there is infinite demand as they make prices lower. It's just Wall st saying telling Elon, no *sugar* sherlock. How about you make some more money.

Reactions: Jim Holder
Wall St wants to see profits. 100% YoY growth is easy to achieve for Tesla if they are cutting prices. They could achieve 500% YoY Growth if they cut prices another 50% and start losing lots of money on every car they sell. There is truth to what Elon says, there is infinite demand as they make prices lower. It's just Wall st saying telling Elon, no *sugar* sherlock. How about you make some more money.
TSLA is the only EV manufacturer with 20% gross margins. It's an excuse to (naked) short TSLA right now, while revenue growth continues to exceed other mega cap companies.

TSLA is the only EV manufacturer with 20% gross margins. It's an excuse to (naked) short TSLA right now, while revenue growth continues to exceed other mega cap companies.
True and yet no new money is coming in. It doesn't matter what we think, TSLA needs to attracts new investors. As long as they can't shorters and traders are going to just move this baby up and down as they please.

Everything on my watchlist is green this morning in pre-market. EVERYTHING. Except TSLA. The (naked) short sellers are coming after TSLA hard. There is no reason for this in a quarter with 100% YOY growth and exploding EV market worldwide.
Zach targeted 20% margins in the 22Q4 earnings, to then come with 18.6% in the next earnings call is not a good look, and then having your CEO say he doesn't care about margins and they'll sell cars with 0% if necessary...

Don't get me wrong, long term they should kill it, but there's no effort on the side of Tesla, particularly Elon, to manage Wall Street, and investors suffer for it. Get Elon off the earnings calls, let Zach handle it

Anyway, nice to see some green, but given the wider markets it's not that much of an achievement today...

BTC 114x -c160 @0.3
STO 120x -c150 @$8.1
STO 2x -p150 @$3.2

I guess you'd call that a 1:60 ratio-straddle 🤪

Go on, make me roll...

I agree there is not really a good reason for this sell off; we met guidance and being off by 1.3% on the margins should not be a huge deal. The problem is that Elon's comments during ER gave them all the ammo they needed. He cannot really help himself.

I am really tempted to sell calls right now but I want to see what happens with the Fed next week.

Zach targeted 20% margins in the 22Q4 earnings, to then come with 18.6% in the next earnings call is not a good look, and then having your CEO say he doesn't care about margins and they'll sell cars with 0% if necessary...

Don't get me wrong, long term they should kill it, but there's no effort on the side of Tesla, particularly Elon, to manage Wall Street, and investors suffer for it. Get Elon off the earnings calls, let Zach handle it

Anyway, nice to see some green, but given the wider markets it's not that much of an achievement today...

BTC 114x -c160 @0.3
STO 120x -c150 @$8.1
STO 2x -p150 @$3.2

I guess you'd call that a 1:60 ratio-straddle 🤪

Go on, make me roll...

Agreed. But no matter who handles the earnings call, when quarterly results lead to lower projected earnings, the share price will inevitably fall.

Agreed. But no matter who handles the earnings call, when quarterly results lead to lower projected earnings, the share price will inevitably fall.
Sure, but Zach would have dressed it up nicer - $TSLA is not Tesla, the stock doesn't follow the fundamentals, much of the short term moves are pure sentiment and this is something that can be manages regardless of the facts

Closed -p150 that got filed at $1.2 (2nd round) yesterday.

Still holding -c160 this week which I should have closed earlier today. Unless AAPL screws up AH, we have a high chance of closing above 160 this week, and sideway there until FOMC meeting on 5/3.

My 2c, it's quite bullish in the small timeframes but still bearish daily.

Reactions: UltradoomY
Sure, but Zach would have dressed it up nicer - $TSLA is not Tesla, the stock doesn't follow the fundamentals, much of the short term moves are pure sentiment and this is something that can be manages regardless of the facts
Yes - the whole ER was a disaster (for short term). They gave no reason at all why investors should stick with Tesla and not sell now and buy a couple of quarters later at lower price. The talk was all negative ... not one positive (Mexico, New platform, New smaller car ....) was mentioned. Why should anyone stick with TSLA for next 6 months if all the positives are to come next year and later ..... except for FOMO ?