Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, that was an almighty effort to push $TSLA red into the close...

I was a little worried, I BTC 35x 9/1 -c230 @$27 when the SP was $256.70ish about 15 minutes before the bell and see a STO 33x 9/8 -c230 @$28.1, and the SP dumped below $256, but that run into green right before the close triggered the order

OK, maybe tomorrow we get a fat green open and better call selling, but maybe we get the opposite - I'd expect a push down towards $250 at some point. Anyway, when rolling, better to get it done ASAP regardless

Annoyingly unclear/lousy day for TSLA for swing/day-trading, perhaps expected after the $18 dollar run yesterday. TSLA dancing around the 50-day.
Tagging $260.51 today was nice but sellers were waiting behind the corner and sold right into it. I wonder if TSLA will get over the $259-263 obstacle course this time around or needs $242 first to get a stronger start.

September starts this Friday and according to the chatter it's TSLA's weakest month on the whole. If true we have some headwinds to get past if at all.
Maybe $240's are calling sooner than we thought?

We also have PCE tomorrow pre-market.

⛷️

Last edited:
(Mods: If these updates aren’t appropriate please delete and let me know so I don’t post them on delicate TSLA days like this week).

Update from Cary:

Tomorrow’s swing range can be $251.21-$258.38.

A close over $264.46 is key to any further upside in September, otherwise downward continuation is possible.

For those not long currently, consider only going long after a close over $264.46.

Holding tomorrow below $258.38 opens the possibility of $242.35 for a daily low if we break $251.20.

If TSLA closes over $264.46 tomorrow, consider closing puts/shorts, expecting $289.52 by the end of next week and a test of $306.13 in 2-3 weeks.

And remember Monday market is closed for Labor Day.

(We can check back end of next week to see how much of this was right.)

😎

IMG_1528.jpeg

IMG_1531.jpeg

IMG_1532.jpeg

Last edited:
Pre-Market was a mixed bag, bears using the slightly warm PCE to knock it back to red... I can predict today at all, if we break 260 then I'm looking to close out my -c260 calls a sell the shares (works out cheaper than letting them exercise), then sell some straddles, looking at a modest 10x -c260 for next week and maybe 20x -c250 to facilitate a roll-up of the 10x -c240's

No idea, let's see where it goes

Edit: in fact a 10x -c260 would be a roll from this week, of course, but would be writing against LEAPS and not shares if it happens

If the Hedgies manage to push it down to 250 then 10x -250's will be enough to resolve the -c240's

Last edited:
Pre-Market was a mixed bag, bears using the slightly warm PCE to knock it back to red... I can predict today at all, if we break 260 then I'm looking to close out my -c260 calls a sell the shares (works out cheaper than letting them exercise), then sell some straddles, looking at a modest 10x -c260 for next week and maybe 20x -c250 to facilitate a roll-up of the 10x -c240's

No idea, let's see where it goes

Edit: in fact a 10x -c260 would be a roll from this week, of course, but would be writing against LEAPS and not shares if it happens

If the hedges manage to push it down to 250 then 10x -250's will be enough to resolve the -c240's
Looking for a little dip this AM so my GTC of 15Nov$240 will strike at $32, already sto 20Oct$240 at $29. Idea is to roll in at same strike to try to get these off the board sooner; debit covered by earlier 15Sept$240. Feels a little frisky with imminent CT/Highland announcements.

Reactions: Max Plaid
If the 1 sept highland reveal rumors are true, us folks with ITM -CCs might be in (more) trouble

Contemplating closing the position.

It's hard to know how much of this week's rise has been in anticipation of a 9/1 Highland reveal, though - that date has been out there for a little while now. I could see a sell-the-news effect tomorrow even if Highland is announced but somehow disappoints.

260 (259.95 in my graph) really seems to be a tough nut to crack, so if it gets crossed violently then buckle up once more especially is 263,91 gets crushed as well. But because of the resistance being so tough, I really expect a pullback to 242 to be more likely.
Made a lot on selling and rebuying C250's for tomorrow. So dinner secured in another way..