Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Theres a new war going on. Interest rate sky high. Macro aint lookin good. Also Tesla wont meet Q3 estimate. Q4 maybe blockbuster delivery with Cybertrunk announcement. However that instant rebate in January maybe a wild card as people may delays order till then. If Macro fall on Monday it will easily take Tesla along with it.

Theres a new war going on. Interest rate sky high. Macro aint lookin good. Also Tesla wont meet Q3 estimate. Q4 maybe blockbuster delivery with Cybertrunk announcement. However that instant rebate in January maybe a wild card as people may delays order till then. If Macro fall on Monday it will easily take Tesla along with it.

Is the instant rebate really a wild card though? There's no price advantage to those who do qualify, just the convenience of not filing the tax credit. But it will bring in new buyers though (those who don't qualify for the tax credit this year).

Is the instant rebate really a wild card though? There's no price advantage to those who do qualify, just the convenience of not filing the tax credit. But it will bring in new buyers though (those who don't qualify for the tax credit this year).
The time of sale transfer removes the non-refundable nature of the credit. So anyone under the income cap can get the vehicle's full eligible at purchase. Also the advantage of a lower amount financed.

The unknown status of next year's credit levels due to the excluded entity clause on components kicking which could knock the credit to zero along with proximity to tax filing time could boost Q4 sales.

Remember folks, there is the round table financial thread and it is better suited to much of the above discussion. Please discuss what your trading plans are, in response to the world’s events, not the events.

Edit: For my part, I’m expecting a run at $270, to test the call wall, perhaps because of the CT reveal and/or run up before Q3 financials, then a retreat as the financials, macro, and world events suggest less short-term growth than the previous average 50% predictions. I still trust @dl003 ‘s analysis.

Edit2: Nasdaq futures are down 0.7% as I write this. The Hamas attack may have been the black swan event that starts the retreat.

Edit3: Just noticed lots of Fed speeches Mon-Wed and PPI Wednesday, plus lots of other news. https://tradingeconomics.com/calendar

The attached graph shows lower highs in SP, RSI and MACD. Notice also that $270 seems like a good possibility to test the recent down trend line. Perhaps coincidence, but I will be watching it closely, and will likely sell -c275s CCs or BCS spreads (-c280/+c290s) if the line holds. Friday’s MaxPain for 10/13 was pointing to another close near $260, but we will need to see what the OI is 7am Monday. If the day traders decide to sell, then I expect a test of $240 this week. Who knows? We will just have to wait and see.

IMG_2224.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember folks, there is the round table financial thread and it is better suited to much of the above discussion. Please discuss what your trading plans are, in response to the world’s events, not the events.

That's a pretty good summary of how to focus the discussions in this thread.

What a week!

Looking ahead to next week, 10/13 has massive call wall at $270 and it often acts as a magnet to it but a resistance to get past. Very little put action below. Based on this I opened the following after going flat earlier at $251:

10/13
STO 5x -C272.50 10/13 @2.00
STO 5x -C275.00 10/13 @$1.52

10/20
STO 2x -C285.00 10/20 @$3.30
STO 5x -C290.00 10/20 @2.60
STO 5x -C292.50 10/20 @2.25

Starting small qty's since I watched contracts quickly go from $3.00 to $9.00 last week so leaving some dry powder (unsold contracts) so I can scale in more if/when we run next week.

Caution is the need to break and hold above $264 to confirm more upside, plus CPI next week, QQQ needs to get above the 50-day and macro needs to cooperate.

10/13

View attachment 980193

10/20

View attachment 980192

View attachment 980191
(Credit: Yoona)

BTC all for modest gains and went flat at $253.66.
Will watch how market/TSLA reacts to the news before putting new positions on.

Peace on earth now!

Tsla is faring much better than I expected considering all the info we know and have been discussing. Certainly looks like tsla is heading towards a breakout moment soon. Short term leaning bearish and closed out majority of CSP and increased sales of otm calls.
Screenshot_20231009_110638_thinkorswim.jpg

Once tsla takes off in either direction I think I'll ride that wave, but for now I'm definitely taking a more defensive posture.

Good luck everyone

Jim's daily chart are spot on. Daily high and daily low are in lines. Some slight variance on the swing low but swing high are close - 259.84 vs actual 259.67.
Seem we will be be doing the back and forth dance till some significant news are released; cybertruck release, cpi, major analyst downgrade...etc... my stragedy till then is to be nimble. Offloading/Loading put and call during these swings.

GM all. OI added to c260, c270, c280 and p235, c265 shows the most interest. Put call ratio is even (more sideways trading?), max-pain unchanged at $255 ... which looks like the middle ground based on OI shift. While the SP flounders, a dip this AM may be a good opportunity to manage/take profit on any closer to the money call positions you're not comfortable holding.

day2dayoi-20231010.png

• Informative
Reactions: MikeC and cbh03