Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yikes. I misread what you wrote just before. I thought you said if reaches $217.50 not to short it anymore.
Maybe I should have held the +P165 11/24 puts after-all. Is that what you're saying?
No you read it right. If it reaches 217.5 it means I'm wrong and 202 was bottom. However, until that happens, default is still down.

Net Options for next Friday (11/3)

$230 call wall shrinked quite a lot.
$200 put wall still strong and growing 👀

1698261452163.png

It is a Put wall or a Put magnet? Put sellers need to start selling shares to hedge as the SP gets closer right?

I mean wall as in large size. I read somewhere that the MM's try to avoid getting down there to not have to pay out so much, in fact they try to run up the SP to get ppl out of their puts. Dunno if it's a conspiracy theory or true and if they really have the ability (as PoppaFox says they do).

I mean wall as in large size. I read somewhere that the MM's try to avoid getting down there to not have to pay out so much, in fact they try to run up the SP to get ppl out of their puts. Dunno if it's a conspiracy theory or true and if they really have the ability (as PoppaFox says they do).
The SP has closed damn near exactly on max pain too many times for it to be a coincidence. I suppose it could be simple market dynamics but it's far too easy for the market makers to move money around to manipulate share prices.

Meta beat earning but SP movement has been sputtering at 3%. Overall Macro AH been flat.

Tomorrow would be an interesting day as big tech are not pushing up the market as in previous Qrter.

Got some 205p for end of the week.
Decent to good earnings with a pop and then a pull back mean lower lows in the near term. Be ready - whites of their eyes.

my prediction, we’ll break 4000 on the S&P in the next 30 days, extrapolate that out appropriately for any positioning, macro or sector.

If you like stocks to buy, track their 200’s as targets for options or entries. Gawd help us if AMZN reports poor rev/earnings/AWS growth - again (although I do think AWS will turn positive from what MSFT reported)

Last edited:
Yep, I'm still sitting on 23 x -135c's, currently mid-Nov and mid-Dec expiries. Maybe it's heading my direction and I can start assembling a plan again after rolling them for $1 credits for about 7 months now.....

That adds up to a lot of money compared to just holding the uncovered shares. I’m really thinking about just selling a lot of 200c for next week, then being happy to roll them week to week for small credit even if they don’t expire. My 200c from this week will get $2+ credit for a straight roll, that really adds up week to week.

The risk would be that the stock takes off and the roll premiums get smaller and smaller until the shares are called away, of course, but it sure doesn’t feel like that’s going to happen soon.

• Informative
Reactions: intelligator
-c230/+c250 will ripen nicely by the morning, I'd like to sell a set for next week on any rise. Where is next downward support?

This from today may be a bit helpful for extra data.

Basically under $222.47/$217.50 TSLA can fall more and more. Below $209 can see $202 and close below $202 can see $186 and below that retest of $102 in a few months 👀

IMG_3350.jpeg

IMG_3351.jpeg

IMG_3349.jpeg

Reactions: intelligator