Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At 200.30 I bought 11/3 puts and sold 230Cs for 11/10. We're not done yet. 192 and under next.
Just got bumped by a C section between my 2 hips at the OR. Had time to trade so I copied you.

if you can share when you close it I will :)

Attachments

• IMG_0258.png
    IMG_0258.png
    295.8 KB · Views: 24
Also it wasn't a full week of M3H sales either, plus I can imagine a lot of M3 in transit

So no, I don't worry too much about these numbers, also, as said, given the huge number of ships we've seen set out from China that are now starting to deliver in Europe, etc.

My plan today, not necessarily in this order:
- BTC 120x -p220 -> this first though to remove all the risk
- STO 11/10 100x -p190 -> 100x contracts in pocket for rolling down
- STC 70x Dec 2025 -p270
- BTC 30x Jun 2024 -p270
- BTC 20x Sep 2024 -p270 -> still 65x Dec 2025 +p270 / Sep 2024 -p300, but much simpler setup
- BTO 100x March 2024 +c240 -> a) to cover a short term upside move and b) to sell $1 weeklies until such a move does or doesn't happen
So, all done and feeling much more relaxed, with the exception of selling 100x -p190's as my sell order didn't hit, so instead will flip to this week's -p190's waiting on the SP to dump for that

BTO 100x March +c240 @$11.39 then noticed this week's -c200's were trading for a nice $4.3, so sold 100x of those - that's 40% ROIC, I'll take it

Will $198 now provide support?

STO 20x -C210 11/3 @$1.05
STO 10x -C212.50 11/3 @$1.00
STO 20x -C220 11/10 @$1.35

Contemplating selling more for mid-November for 220-230 strike area but are we really sure there'd be no run into CT reveal 11/30/23 and sell the news after?

Reactions: UncaNed
What are your thoughts on Tivoboy's analysis in that we will see 160-170 this cycle down?
Tivoboy has been more consistent than I am so I give a lot of weight to what he's seeing. I'm calling for 185 absolute bottom so we're not that far off from each other, considering we've both been bearish since 279. My 185 call is not based on any fundamental but a frequently encountered phenomenon which may or may not repeat itself.

No matter how strong the trend is, up or down, the entire length of the run most of the time will not exceed 4.618x of the first wave. You can see this in April 2022 and even the November-December 2022 crash.
1698763244214.png

Here's the one from 279
1698763492258.png

Now if we do this exercise on the current one from 269
1698763631536.png

We can see that the 4.618 level lies at 174. So that's closer to tivoboy's bottoming zone.

However, that's the big wave, what about the smaller one? We're at the tail end of wave 5 (the oval shape). Fib ratios work for waves of this degree, too.

1698763715148.png

And that's my 185 right there. If the last wave won't break 185, then neither will the entire sequence. My rationale is: if even the 2022 Elon fiasco couldn't break this guideline, why should the one we're in now? So, my expectation is the worst we're gonna see in the first half of November is 185.

However, what comes after that is a bit muddy. What if the 279-234-269-185 sequence is NOT a 3 waver? What if it's a 5 waver? What if 185 is just the end of the 3rd wave and we have one more? If so, once it's bounced to 205-217 in the 2nd half of November, we need to be very vigilant because if it's rejected there, it can go down way deeper than 160. The destructive potential is so great that you won't want to look at how far the 4.618 level is going to get us. However, right now I'm leaning toward this is a big 3 waver, not 5. Let's say 70% certain.

Last edited:
Tivoboy has been more consistent than I am so I give a lot of weight to what he's seeing. I'm calling for 185 absolute bottom so we're not that far off from each other, considering we've both been bearish since 279. My 185 call is not based on any fundamental but a frequently encountered phenomenon which may or may not repeat itself.

No matter how strong the trend is, up or down, the entire length of the run most of the time will not exceed 4.618x of the first wave down. You can see this in April 2022 and even the November-December 2022 crashes.
View attachment 986716

Here's the one from 279
View attachment 986723
View attachment 986729
We can see that the 4.618 level lies at 174. So that's closer to tivoboy's bottoming zone.

However, that's the big wave, what about the smaller one? We're at the tail end of wave 5 (the oval shape). Fib ratios work for waves of this degree, too.

View attachment 986730
And that's my 185 right there. If the last wave won't break 185, then neither will the entire sequence. My rationale is: if even the 2022 Elon fiasco couldn't break this guideline, why should the one we're in now? So, my expectation is the worst we're gonna see in the first half of November is 185.

However, what comes after that is a bit muddy. What if the 279-234-269-185 sequence is NOT a 3 waver? What if it's a 5 waver? What if 185 is just the end of the 3rd wave and we have one more? If so, once it's bounced to 205-217 in the 2nd half of November, we need to be very vigilant because if it's rejected there, it can go down way deeper than 160. The destructive potential is so great that you won't want to look at how far the 4.618 level is going to get us. However, right now I'm leaning toward this is a big 3 waver, not 5. Let's say 70% certain.
Oh wow! Yes you and Tivoboy have been right on! I sold out of my position from yesterday with a little gain (really nice lol). I'm going to wait. I'm just not sure if I will wait until 160-170 or 185 or even 140. Alot to consider here.
Thank you guys. @tivoboy @dl003

Reactions: UncaNed and dl003
The CT event is 11/30/23, would that not give any lift to the SP or at least keep it from falling all of November to that target, i.e., "buy the rumor sell the news" / FOMO type of thing?
I certainly feel that way. But maybe some think Cybertruck is a weird, limited production, money losing endeavor and don't put value in the event?

No matter how strong the trend is, up or down, the entire length of the run most of the time will not exceed 4.618x of the first wave. You can see this in April 2022 and even the November-December 2022 crash.
View attachment 986716

Here's the one from 279
View attachment 986723
View attachment 986729

View attachment 986730

However, I have to admit that counting waves on the smaller timeframes has its own hazards, namely the greater fluctuation which can muddy up the count, like trying to observe atoms vs stars. If I'm wrong on the smaller timeframe, then 175 will apply.

Oh wow! Yes you and Tivoboy have been right on! I sold out of my position from yesterday with a little gain (really nice lol). I'm going to wait. I'm just not sure if I will wait until 160-170 or 185 or even 140. Alot to consider here.
Thank you guys. @tivoboy @dl003
One thing i’ll say is, I never wait till my absolute target levels to begin scaling in. History has shown that if EVERYONE is looking at the same exact levels and technicals, we’re almost certain to never reach them. So, IF one is looking to build positioning, one has to be willing to start adding as we move CLOSER and CLOSER to the target levels. That’s why I’m selling puts to cover some of that delta. As noted in an earlier post, I’m targeting paying out somewhere in the $165 range for this next phase, which could mean outright buys 165-175, married to STO puts of 7-10$ per share at 175-185 ranges as fear takes hold.

Last edited:
The CT event is 11/30/23, would that not give any lift to the SP or at least keep it from falling all of November to that target, i.e., "buy the rumor sell the news" / FOMO type of thing?
I think the CT event could provide SOME lift, but not a lot, and probably only shortly before or shortly thereafter. As much as we shouldn’t get into this on THIS thread, I think overall global macro, and domestic politics and macro will be the catalysts to gIve downward share price movements that extra push. There is a lot of talk in DC about cutting/gutting IRA investments. Swapping funding for Israel/Ukraine for eliminating subsidies across the board. We have a USA planned gov’t shut down on 11/17/23. That didn’t play out well leading up to it last time and the current (I’ll call it this weeks) head of the House voted AGAINST it.

As much as we’ve seen an overall market lift this week, I think it’s more end of month window dressing than a change in fundamental thesis.. and sadly TSLA performed WORSE than the overall S&P or NSDQ, even more than normal. Can you imagine if that all reverses into early Nov how the standard TSLA multiplier or 2.2x would play out?

I will say this,, the ~$195 is turning out to provide stronger support than I had indicated. Doesn’t mean the thesis doesn’t hold (for lower price coming) but it’s more than a speed bump, but still less than a traffic cop. Overall, it means it will provide more RESISTANCE on the way back up - so put that into the future thinking once new positions are initiated. IF we still get down to 170-185 ranges, I’d probably do some short term selling of -CC in the 200-205$ range in the immediate aftermath.

I think the CT event could provide SOME lift, but not a lot, and probably only shortly before or shortly thereafter. As much as we shouldn’t get into this on THIS thread, I think overall global macro, and domestic politics and macro will be the catalysts to gIve downward share price movements that extra push. There is a lot of talk in DC about cutting/gutting IRA investments. Swapping funding for Israel/Ukraine for eliminating subsidies across the board. We have a USA planned gov’t shut down on 11/17/23. That didn’t play out well leading up to it last time and the current (I’ll call it this weeks) head of the House voted AGAINST it.

As much as we’ve seen an overall market lift this week, I think it’s more end of month window dressing than a change in fundamental thesis.. and sadly TSLA performed WORSE than the overall S&P or NSDQ, even more than normal. Can you imagine if that all reverses into early Nov how the standard TSLA multiplier or 2.2x would play out?

I will say this,, the ~$195 is turning out to provide stronger support than I had indicated. Doesn’t mean the thesis doesn’t hold (for lower price coming) but it’s more than a speed bump, but still less than a traffic cop. Overall, it means it will provide more RESISTANCE on the way back up - so put that into the future thinking once new positions are initiated. IF we still get down to 170-185 ranges, I’d probably do some short term selling of -CC in the 200-205$ range in the immediate aftermath.
It seems like we have sliced right through alot of "supports" when there has been the determination to sell. And it seems like this isn't the end of the target the "big boys" are planning. I definitely think you and @dl003 are right on track here. We have more (maybe alot more) pain to go.

Reactions: Nocturnal and kabin
I certainly feel that way. But maybe some think Cybertruck is a weird, limited production, money losing endeavor and don't put value in the event?
At this point I'd be surprised of significant SP positives from the CT release event. The most recent earnings call said CT has ongoing challenges, will be a slow ramp up, and will lose money for ~18 months. At most maybe a couple of surprise spec releases like industry leading payload, 0-60mph acceleration time, and maybe plans for an SUV variant.