Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: Jim Holder
Can anyone figure out the meaning behind those small increases if not to just make analysts crazy with redoing their models 🤣
Tesla claimed last week that it was to offset some higher costs, so maybe they're going to implement weekly changes from now on? That's would certainly be entertaining so say the least!

In other news, CN insurance numbers lower than last week, which is a bit surprising, 13K versus 14K, I would expect that to be drag on the stock today

As for me, right now my -c215 and -c220's are not looking great, the big conundrum is whether to wait and see how the week pans-out, roll them as best I can for free or roll them a couple of weeks to an even higher strike, some work and thinking to do before market open

Reactions: BornToFly
For me this has been kind of flying under the radar - any guesses what impact on the stock market in general, and TSLA in particular, from the US government shutting down (at least partially) on Friday (or Saturday) when the current funding runs out?

Any bets on whether the House will actually get something passed?

My point isn't the politics of the House, or the shutdown - my point is that there is a much more than remote possibility of a significant economic disruption starting late this week, and that's worth some attention for us trading at the scale of days or weeks.

I know I've suddenly put this together (I've been more focused on the politics, and hadn't really tracked just how close to the deadline we've gotten), and I'm happier being short calls right now than puts.
From memory it seems like almost always these potential shutdown commotions cause a lot of chatter up until just before the deadline day, then get settled because the politicians are afraid of being blamed for inconveniencing all the people who get paid by federal government. However, it does seem like House action is more complicated this time.

As you cal tell from the pop, CPI came in colder than consensus...

1699968711707.png

Cary suggests $236.54 *might* be temp top of this run (touching it now in pre-market) and can fall back down to consolidate from there. Hence short-term swing traders may consider selling or closing longs/calls and wait for the reentry below. Matches @dl003 's 2nd target: "The second target is the $236-240 zone. $236 is the 2.618 yellow fib line. (DL's TSLA Technicals & Predictions | Patreon)."

Anyone else seeing same?

@dl003 Are you closing sold puts/bought calls and/or selling new short calls around $236?

Adding to that, options positioning confluences are all well below current price action, implying a likely reversion to the mean (down) by Friday if MM can pull it off, plus this week is monthly expiration so shenanigans possible.

1699969555543.png

IMG_3906.jpeg

Last edited:
Wondering if we see a serious squeeze here. 5% pre market hasn't been seen in forever.
Technical question: I'm using mobile (android->chrome) to view the patreon website for dl003's posts, but the charts are quite small and I can't seem to find a way to zoom in/ expand them. Probably just my lacking internet-fu. Anyone know how to see the glorious details? (Or should I switch to the patreon app?)
Can you DL the pictures and then zoom in on them in the photo app?

Last edited:
Cary suggests $236.54 *might* be temp top of this run (touching it now in pre-market) and can fall back down to consolidate from there. Hence short-term swing traders may consider selling or closing longs/calls and wait for the reentry below. Matches @dl003 's 2nd target: "The second target is the $236-240 zone. $236 is the 2.618 yellow fib line. (DL's TSLA Technicals & Predictions | Patreon)."

Anyone else seeing same?

@dl003 Are you closing sold puts/bought calls and/or selling new short calls around $236?

Adding to that, options positioning confluences are all well below current price action, implying a likely reversion to the mean (down) by Friday if MM can pull it off, plus this week is monthly expiration so shenanigans possible.

View attachment 990610

View attachment 990608
I will wait for a clear rejection, then sell call at the dead cat. Puts I'm still keeping open until I see the dead cat as they are now considered FOTM.