Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
double calls at SP of 240 ... so Jan 5th 300 Calls at 1.59 .... hoping the China trend continues next week. & even Troy upped his numbers (per main thread)

This is the 1/5/24 option chain currently:

1701360397005.png

This is a visual of the trade, bleeds very fast...

1701360441761.png

I thought this nice and completed H&S on the minute chart was evidence enough for me to EXTEND +P 250 with 75%, to hold until SP hits 236.66
[Edit] Pattern completed 11:51 and not at the moment of posting, because you got to go below and hit the neckline to complete the pattern officially, so even doubled down 11:51 with 3 more P250, totally confident! [/edit]

Last edited:
Reactions: Nocturnal
Elon hates calm, he needs drama and crisis, so when there is none, he creates it
Unfortunately - I don't think (atleast in this case) this is true.

My impression is - he lashes out when he is put in difficult positions - in this case X finances. I believe even the original controversial post was also because a lobby group had supported some boycotts of X.

Unfortunately X finances are tied to TSLA fortunes. If there is a real threat of Elon using TSLA as an ATM to fund X, the SP will crash.

ps : In the very short term - this kind of mood is not good for CT delivery event too. I'm afraid we'll see Mr Hyde in the afternoon today.

Macro went South. NVDA Puts finally is moving. Unless the CT have some amazing hidden news the buying the rumor period is over.

Big man Powell talking tomorrow. SPY-QQQ are in correction with APPLE (finally).

Doggy sense say SP will bounce where they are till 1pm CT launch when we continue to go south.....

edit.... after this I'm quitting with the directional play (going Long) and focus more on selling. Less profit but much much less risk and a whole lot less stress. Cannot seem to pee straight since I got those boatload of Puts ;)

Reactions: Jim Holder
Unfortunately - I don't think (atleast in this case) this is true.

My impression is - he lashes out when he is put in difficult positions - in this case X finances. I believe even the original controversial post was also because a lobby group had supported some boycotts of X.

Unfortunately X finances are tied to TSLA fortunes. If there is a real threat of Elon using TSLA as an ATM to fund X, the SP will crash.

ps : In the very short term - this kind of mood is not good for CT delivery event too. I'm afraid we'll see Mr Hyde in the afternoon today.
If you read the Isaacson biography, it’s pretty clear it is true. His mind is just not comfortable with peace and tranquility and he will manufacture a sense of urgency even if it is not required.

I used to wonder when the drama would end so he could relax a bit and rest on his laurels, but he doesn’t actually want the drama to end. He thrives on pressure and risk. I guess it’s good for keeping our option premiums high in the future even if it does makes for a nauseating rollercoaster sometimes.

FOMO gushing in around lunchtime, ruining H&S a bit, but the flow is still south, do not fool me
Anecdotal data point. I sold a lot of Jan/Feb CC on Tue/Weds this week against other large positions in MSFT, AAPL, AMGN, ADBE, NVDA, INTC, AMAT, MAR, and they are all DOWN between 25-40% today since when they were sold, so overall FOMO run, EOM, end of big month NOV seems to really be pulling back hard at least to the extent that MM think we’re just going to continue to run up higher... IF some of these pull back harder against their ATH levels 3-5%, we could see much more downward pressure either macro or TSLA specific here in the near term on Tesla.

Last edited:
Come on, ladies and gents. Let's stop the Elon psychoanalysis chitchat. Does not belong here.

On topic: I'm still positioned short for this CT event.
If you think Elon's behavior doesn't affect SP, I've some TSLA shares for you at $400 ;)

IMO, we should watch out for "key man risk" and not just sweep it under the carpet. That is the valuable lesson I learnt from the $400 to $100 saga.

ps : Obviously we shouldn't discuss politics itself - but we should be aware of controversies that might affect SP.

If you think Elon's behavior doesn't affect SP, I've some TSLA shares for you at $400 ;)

IMO, we should watch out for "key man risk" and not just sweep it under the carpet. That is the valuable lesson I learnt from the $400 to $100 saga.

ps : Obviously we shouldn't discuss politics itself - but we should be aware of controversies that might affect SP.
This is the OPTIONS thread. Move on.

My Iron Condor exp 12/1 is printing. Depending where we land this Friday going to create another condor with the BIAS on the directional side for next week.
Low profit but much safer play. This allow for a 70%+ chance of winning.

$100 a week is fine dog food for me then slowly ramp up based on equity to 1 - 5% per play.

Betting the dog house too much and I will be a homeless dog....

1701367488354.png