Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Funny thing is I've ridden that thing. The Talocan in Phantasialand, Germany. Being a TSLA HODLER is way worse!
Actually looks worse than it is. The same manufactorer's Take Off is a different thing

On topic: premarket doesn't look that bad considering macro, but will keep my eye on my contracts expiring 01/26.
240 CC will be closable. 220 put will need management, so looking to roll that one month for credit and strike improvement of 5 at least.
Might pair it with a new cc a bit lower than 240.

Narrative: He’s become bored of Tesla and outraged about cultural issues which has his attention now.

OTOH all the doom speak is often where bottoms form. I’m not smart enough to know if this time is an exception.
Do we like such a person to have more shares and influence or less (just as shareholders I mean)?

Not sure how the institutions will react to the tweet, is it really that bad? If they dump and the stampede feeds on itself then sayonara to short puts and long calls, echoes of January 2022.

I plan to eye cutting my longs and recently bought +C LEAPS at open if we get a bloody red bar from hades and stay out until there’s more clarity about what’s coming next.

Never a dull moment!
Stockholders don't like uncertainty, so there is (besides of the inherent uncertainty HODL-ing $TSLA) a very long period (beyond the Delaware verdict) in which we are uncertain (although legally, Elon can not change the share-construction without a majority and legally he can not outplace the (in the future) most profitable part of the company without compensating shareholders) is ahead. Compare that to Elon buying Twitter. I thought we were out of the woulds, holding 217, but this is not good and I will take action. The wedge will be broken, downward alas. @dl003 is right and not kidding, I fear.

Reactions: Nocturnal
Actually looks worse than it is. The same manufactorer's Take Off is a different thing

On topic: premarket doesn't look that bad considering macro, but will keep my eye on my contracts expiring 01/26.
240 CC will be closable. 220 put will need management, so looking to roll that one month for credit and strike improvement of 5 at least.
Might pair it with a new cc a bit lower than 240.
Yeah, I've got a lot of eggs in the basket for 1/26: 100x each of -p220, -c220 & -c240, plus 20x -p240's - will roll those sooner rather than later to avoid early-assignment

-p220's are written against March +200's, kinda OK down to $200, but below that the Delta on the short side overtakes the Theta on the long, but then would look for a roll

As for the -c240's, they'll trade around $1.50 at SP $213-4, a roll down to -c230 will double the premium, but seems a bit risky given I already hold the -c220's, any sharp reversal and that will be a lot of ITM calls

I'm rather inclined to do nothing for the moment - maybe roll the +p200's to June/July for and extra $7 cost to create some rolling room if needed

Stockholders don't like uncertainty, so there is (besides of the inherent uncertainty HODL-ing $TSLA) a very long period (beyond the Delaware verdict) in which we are uncertain (although legally, Elon can not change the share-construction without a majority and legally he can not outplace the (in the future) most profitable part of the company without compensating shareholders) is ahead. Compare that to Elon buying Twitter. I thought we were out of the woulds, holding 217, but this is not good and I will take action. The wedge will be broken, downward alas. @dl003 is right and not kidding, I fear.
But I still am thinking two ways and posted about it in the regular thread (where I was looking for clues) #440,057
Today's price action will tell a lot and I plan to sell ITM calls when we break 210. Shares will be held I guess. Puts rolled when becoming ITM early.

Well, @dl003 stated that because some of us on the main thread were getting on Musk because he made this public and anything Musk states, especially when it can be seen as negative, tanks the stock short term. And, I am guessing he felt that if we are complaining, get out of the stock as we should know by now, there is always volatility. As with all of these bumps Down in the stock price, I do think we will rise again...it is not all doom and gloom when you look at the future of Tesla...Musk just makes it interesting.

• Informative
Reactions: SpeedyEddy
Dark pool zone updated based on analysis of the previous 30 days of trading activity. The thick deep blue zone was the largest dark pool found and the light blue was the second largest. Not sure what it implies that's useful in trading but sharing in case someone here does and can tell us.

1705411215442.png

rolled Jan 25 400 to Jan 25 300 CCs
- If it goes below 210 or more like 205, I might convert some $$chairs :) to shares ... :) (didn't wait -- +got 200 chairs at 213, will sell CCs against for the wheel ...)

+ the Math.
1.Sold 3K, 300 CC ~ $20, so it's like I sold for $320.
2. Bought 200 Shares, assuming I sell these 200 shares for $300, that will be 60K, or $20 per share in the 3K share count...
So basically @ $340/share by Jan 2025 is shares get called. Cheers!!

Last edited:
Reactions: DaBooster
TBH, I'm not convinced the markets are reacting much to Elon's tweets, macro is bad, SPY& QQQ down, Futures red, bond yields up, AAPL down 2%, EV stocks really bad - TSLA actually outperforming most of them

Maybe the MP220 is helping, yikes, just checked, it has dropped to 216!!

Edit: well that wasn't in my script for today 😆

1705417010777.png

Last edited: