Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seem we are quite the tame and more level headed group.

If you visited the main investment forum lots of drama there this morning. No doubt from people heavily invested into Tesla.
I feel for them.

Lots of good information there but be wary of getting too emotionally attached.

The dog tried to cracked a joke there once to lighten the mood but never again. My fault :)

Short QUICK answer between blood draws - nothing good. I think the 50 is only going to accelerate the more we sit in this range, and we will. As I posted what last week, there are not many company or macro positive catalysts on the horizon. While the DC isnt the be all and end all, it is a big TA factor that programmatic trading uses and WILL use and as it accelerates down - which it will, that opportunity increases.

What we have had in the short term, is a buyers strike and I think any significant buyers other than fanboys / and girls, want a bigger discount.
@tivoboy thanks.

Quick question - Are you anticipating SP going lower then 174 in the short term or low been reach and we cycle between mid 170 to 210 for a while before regaining further upward momentum? Not seeking financial advice but just want to know what Dr. McCoy is thinking :)

Reactions: UncaNed
Opening and holding tomorrow above $189.48 might be wise to exit any short positions and flip long for $216.12 over the next week or two. Intra-day $198.88 can contain daily buying. A close above brings $216.12 in 3-5 days and rotate back down from there to the mid-$170’s over 3-5 weeks.

IMG_5502.jpeg

IMG_5501.jpeg

IMG_5500.jpeg

I wonder if there's an Nvidia forum like this, where all the call sellers are now panicking over the AH gap up?

And looks like the CA price-cut on the MY just hit the news-wire jousting by the 2% reversal in pre-market... on low volume mind... and of course this price-cut makes the MY eligible for a $12k government rebate... context is important...

Last edited:
Pretty close to the sun (especially on the Put side), but will probably turn out ok tomorrow with futures ripping thanks to Meta, etc.
yes very close, this is a roll straight roll from last week, in hindsight as I had 30 wide I should have improved my position to 180 but did a straight roll expecting a recovery to 190 region. Will wait for any morning rip to close out & reset next next.

Reactions: Jim Holder
So, employment numbers came in fairly hot and equities drop. At this place in the cycle this is erroneous, IMO, the fact that interest rates have stayed disproportionately higher than inflation, while the economy has stayed buoyant, and employment high, this for me is the Goldilocks scenario

So I do find the reaction a little odd...

As for Tesla's "2.1 million vehicle recall!!!!!" are we going to have to live with this BS forever, or what?

More shitshow. Give us a breaks.

With you Max. Oh well. Just cheer up. We green soon.
I'm OK, I have -190 straddles newt week and -p185/-c190 the week after, so this totally plays into my trading hands

But as a long time TSLA bull, it's really annoying!

Looking to sell another 6x -c190 today, had high hopes for those in AH yesterday, but look at it now. Meh!! Yeah, small fishes, I know, but it all adds up