Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think most of us would be interested in keeping NVDA trades here with TSLA....
Not keen on seeing this thread filled with non-TSLA trades. There's been patches of this in the past but they tend to die off before long, so not concerned overall.

I may not post much in this thread lately but I've been in it and read everything from its inception. I'm mostly day trading now since I'm starting to get the hang of it (small account up 10% overall just today). But I won't be filling this thread with day trading. Maybe I'll do a separate thread for it one day.

Reactions: UncaNed
Praying for a Green week....

Image 1.jpeg

I like the idea of keeping this the OPTIONS trading forum, but dread the confusion of the many inevitable ambiguous posts not specifying which - NVDA or TSLA they are referencing.
I can't wait for TSLA and NVDA to have the same stock price so that you are totally confused

@Yoona - are these your IC short strikes for Feb 9th?

View attachment 1015188

With a 30 wide long strike, that's only about $0.15 in premium per contract. With IVP at 2, is it better to hold off on ICs until volatility and premiums increase? Seems like the risk ($2985) / reward ($15) ratio is out of whack right now.
But risk is very low. Reward also, but such is life.

View attachment 1015188

With a 30 wide long strike, that's only about $0.15 in premium per contract. With IVP at 2, is it better to hold off on ICs until volatility and premiums increase? Seems like the risk ($2985) / reward ($15) ratio is out of whack right now.

Attachments

• Yoona Strategy & rules.pdf
    29.7 KB · Views: 34

View attachment 1015188

1707068520410.png

i agree that 13.57% OTM is "too high, what are you thinking?", but don't forget we were -13.64% just 2 weeks ago (TSLA is practically a weekly black swan) and there are a lot of predictions out there of TSLA doing a V due to rsi/macd

1707068584425.png

7DTE 11-15%OTM happened 16 times since 2020, so there's some kind of risk there

1707069483331.png

don't forget that the IC's 5-10Δ is the INITIAL entry; once you ladder in, then premium gets better

one thing to remember is i go for the win rate, not the income

if i want income, i'll go NVDA 3-4DTE where the loss risk is lower than TSLA's 7DTE

(i have decided to play 80% NVDA vs. TSLA 20% after NVDA earnings, just need to study the stock some more)

Last edited:
This video may be of interest to some here, or you may think the guy is talking hogwash. Mark Newton of Fundstrat gives his take on the outlook for this year and a little beyond. He's bearish on the stock over the next couple of months and sees it maybe getting as low as $142. But he sees it possibly recovering above ATH later in the year, but he wants to see it reach $265 before projecting when that could happen.

This video may be of interest to some here, or you may think the guy is talking hogwash. Mark Newton of Fundstrat gives his take on the outlook for this year and a little beyond. He's bearish on the stock over the next couple of months and sees it maybe getting as low as $142. But he sees it possibly recovering above ATH later in the year, but he wants to see it reach $265 before projecting when that could happen.

Borderline hogwash, 142-414 is +300% would need a gigantic catalyst plus a small miracle from Jesus himself to push anywhere near 400 in 2024

I like the idea of keeping this the OPTIONS trading forum, but dread the confusion of the many inevitable ambiguous posts not specifying which - NVDA or TSLA they are referencing.
Yes We are all committed Tesla traders. Create a separate forum or a sub forum . Without confusing the tesla options traders please.

2/9 options market guessing 177-200ish

View attachment 1014783

View attachment 1014794

looking one month ahead

View attachment 1014784

heat map showing 190 as point of interest

View attachment 1014789

today's 2/9 trades, size >= 1000, -p225 $4.6M 👀

View attachment 1014791

today's near-the-money $M trades

View attachment 1014792

max pain ahead

View attachment 1014793

6-week bleeding stopped and ended with a bullish harami

View attachment 1014797
Six weeks harami ended is a GREAT chart and consolation to many. Hope this improves. Thanks.

Thanks for the link, Yoona. Interesting how much influence IV has on option price. If I understood correct with regards to staying on the right side of IV , would buying calls or trading debit spreads be a better probability of success than selling credit spreads?

Screen Shot 2024-02-05 at 1.13.45 AM.png