Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a difference between time value and extrinsic? I have 10x -P300 6/20/25 that show $10.06 for time value and $1.91 for extrinsic. I’ve been monitoring extrinsic not to get close to $0.00 to avoid assignment. What’s the difference between that and time value?
Those should be the same thing, but the P300 are low volume so the last vs current bid/ask are $11 different, guessing that is throwing off the calculations.

Reactions: Jim Holder
I have diversified my weekly plays. Tesla been too sad lately.

But 175 seem to be bottom for today as a Macro reversal is underway.

Got to give it to Jenson for whatever he's smoking. Never seen such a constant upside like NVDA.
Just 3 weeks also I thought 560 was high.

1707153216622.png

1707153392112.png

I have +170/-195 March 15 BPS that I've been rolling for two years. I would like to see if it finally expires worthless in 6 weeks, but if the SP is below about 185 it is a Debit to roll it. I don't know if I bite the bullet and roll it AGAIN to Jan 2025 or keep hoping and praying.... Aargh.

Reactions: DaBooster
How often is a Red Monday followed by a Green Tuesday?
intermediate answer before the master of data speaks: I guess 48.3 % (btw green Mondays are more than 50% of the time followed by red Tuesdays, would come from the top of my head)
BTW my question would be: On a bigger drop-monday: what does a normal Friday after that look like, up or down compared to Monday close?

Reactions: DaBooster
I have +170/-195 March 15 BPS that I've been rolling for two years. I would like to see if it finally expires worthless in 6 weeks, but if the SP is below about 185 it is a Debit to roll it. I don't know if I bite the bullet and roll it AGAIN to Jan 2025 or keep hoping and praying.... Aargh.
Could you roll it to a +170/-195 straddle? IE sell some calls at the same short strike?

You know I like my straddles, I find them very facilitative for getting out of trouble

Reactions: LAexpress
Getting the feeling that today's price action is not showing the power needed to go calling it a bottom in any way, yet.
Thinking about another round of -C selling, maybe a bit less aggressive, -205 or so, for 1-2 months out.
Yeah, I know we got a bit of recovery, but it all feels extremely bearish, hence my decision to sell very aggressive calls at 175 and roll my puts down to the same strike - not safe, by any means, in either direction, but a lot better in case of more downside than -p190's

Keep an eye on the time value. As that approaches zero, your likelihood of assignment increases a lot. It is linear that probability.

I've got some 210 puts that I'm rolling along. When they are that deep in the money my pattern tends to be rolling a full week prior to expiration AND to roll out a month - typically to that month's monthly expiration rather than one of the weekly expirations. The extra time creates a bit of credit, as well as a bigger time window for the rather large turnaround that will be needed for something that deeply ITM to get back to the money.

Of course that's if you'd rather not buy the stock at that price. Given those are CSP then an entirely reasonable approach is to take assignment when it happens and start selling cc. Just getta get assigned at 220 or above on those calls so that you end up "stuck" with earning the premiums of the extended position, and not losing money on the strike to strike change.
The point is getting some income as well.
The first option isn’t profitable at all right now as rolling a month seems about rolling for 0 premium.
That’s why the second option seems the better one.
I don’t mind selling calls a tad beneath cost base, cause you always have a possibility somewhere to roll up/out.