Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t know. I’m sure @Max Plaid will clarify when he comes back online.

I also have a bunch of bought LEAP calls that are red and getting redder. I thought I was brilliant legging into them on the way down 🥴

I'm an idiot since the cash that's tied up in my bought LEAP calls would have provided a cushion for the short puts that are weighing on everything and can bring a maintenance call below $170.

All my LEAP calls need around $235 by April-June to escape, not terribly unlikely. Anything above $235 will be bonus gains.

Okay markets, I'm humbled! 🤣
You are not alone. all Tsla beleivers got into this mesh. How to cash LEAPs, hoe to get out of the CSPs. etc

Reactions: UncaNed
@Yoona
Am I seeing this correctly, that the Gamma magnet for Friday is now to the upside?

Image 2.jpeg

EW update: This bounce could be the fourth of an ED (Ending Diagonal) for (v) of yellow circle iii and try for OML (one more low) before restarting the circle iv bounce. Trigger/confirmation is if it gets much higher than is it now and more likely the new (a) of (a)(b)(c) for circle iv.

1707234155312.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: UncaNed
Is there a difference between time value and extrinsic? I have 10x -P300 6/20/25 that show $10.06 for time value and $1.91 for extrinsic. I’ve been monitoring extrinsic not to get close to $0.00 to avoid assignment. What’s the difference between that and time value?
Just got assigned on 10x -p320 06/2025 yesterday, watch out

I don’t know. I’m sure @Max Plaid will clarify when he comes back online.

I also have a bunch of bought LEAP calls that are red and getting redder. I thought I was brilliant legging into them on the way down 🥴

I'm an idiot since the cash that's tied up in my bought LEAP calls would have provided a cushion for the short puts that are weighing on everything and can bring a maintenance call below $170.

All my LEAP calls need around $235 by April-June to escape, not terribly unlikely. Anything above $235 will be bonus gains.

Okay markets, I'm humbled! 🤣
I would be in the same situation as you, my LEAKS increasing in value had some margin in which I sold puts against, I would be in margin call territory if I did not transfer 450k in my brockerage account laying in CASH.TO

Reactions: Jim Holder
Still new to this, so why are they assigning shares when there's like a over a year worth of time left?

Extrinsic is more important than DTE when it comes to assignment. The risk of assignment is high if extrinsic falls below $1 and certainly as it nears $0.00. Also we don't know what price the person sold the put for and their personal finances/decisions. They are in the driver seat to exercise.

https://www.projectfinance.com/exercise-assignment-explained/

Managed to escape some red bought calls at morning high around $186.00 and also scalped a few CC's on the inevitable fade.

Also:
BTO 10x +C200 3/1 @2.45 (in case we see a try at $190's this week)
BTO 20x +P150 3/15 @1.30 (for peace of mind)

Lousy going lately income-wise, though the order of the day is to protect and preserve what we have. When things turn back up the rest will follow.

Last edited: