Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What kind of target returns and time frames are you looking for with the LEAPs given the likelihood (?) of SP meandering $250-$300 in 2024? I closed all 2025 LEAPs out in late December fortunately, and values have gone down significantly since then, and one tranche barely outgained shares for the time period. [I see you’ve probably answered this in subsequent posts, unless there might be something to add.]
Recent close was a 20% gain at what I thought was a local top. Local top would be on a daily to weekly timeframe, not a daily to hourly time frame. I am entirely comfortable swing trading in and out of these a couple of times a month. Heck it'd be grand to do that.

May be protected by the $200 green bar to the left for now:

1709146032027.png

It’s all about controlling/setting the narrative which unfortunately for investors, Tesla sucks at with Wall St.

If Tesla, way back in early 2023 has just come out and said for the next two years, our goal is to maximize production to get as many cars on the road because we’re that confident in the new architecture of FSD (V12) and we plan on showing the data of just how good V12 gets over time

Or if they has said we think now is the time to corner the EV market and we plan to use our superior cost structure and margins to do it, Wall St would possibly be praising Tesla for its plan succeeding. Like you said, a number of bullish news has flown in from Teslas competitors failing and dropping out of the race. But instead, it’s just treated as the overall EV market is souring.
This is part of our edge on the market. We know these things about Tesla. We even invest our effort trying to explain things like this to our friends, family, and colleagues who mostly don't get it.

I personally prefer this approach to things. Or at least that's how I see it.

And as a long term owner of the company I prefer Tesla having this focus. So far the share price always catches up with the reality, sooner or later. In between we get to add to our holdings on the cheap :)

Anyone else having problems with Schwab filling Market Orders? It takes about 5-10 MINUTES at times and been like this for weeks! I noticed it only happens in my regular trading account and not in the ROTH account. In the ROTH account it trades almost instantly as it should with Market Orders. I email Schwab and they blamed it on the market maker not having enough quantity to fill??!! The attached screenshot is only 5 CSP which isn't noticeable among even small fishes. Just wondering why it takes so long.

The work around: When I see the order not executed within a minute I would manually cancel it and try again. Seems like the second time it execute instantly thus invalidates MM not having the volume. What A PITA.
View attachment 1022908
I haven’t had that happen on Schwab and I do most of my trading on it.

I can maybe flip roll my 137X March 15 +170/-195P to -215CC tomorrow if we get another pop to 205.

What are your thoughts? Should I do it? The obvious danger is that we are over 215 in two weeks and the SP never comes back down to this level again...

I REALLY want this two year old BPS to go away, and there is maybe a 50% chance we are over 195 in two weeks anyway, but flip rolling it would take away the risk.

I can maybe flip roll my 137X March 15 +170/-195P to -215CC tomorrow if we get another pop to 205.

What are your thoughts? Should I do it? The obvious danger is that we are over 215 in two weeks and the SP never comes back down to this level again...

I REALLY want this two year old BPS to go away, and there is maybe a 50% chance we are over 195 in two weeks anyway, but flip rolling it would take away the risk.
Do half.

Why not flip half? Then one side or the other has to expire.

Some movement AH.

Posturing toward the downside pending for PCE tomorrow.

Core PCE is predicted to be hot vs last 12 months....

1709155088966.png

Attachments

• 1709154816902.png
    1709154816902.png
    48.4 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: DaBooster
AJ is worth paying attention to.
Dec 31, 2024 SP: $293

“My SP target is the final tip of a massive iceberg sitting on an over 600 line model which projects quarterly EPS based on global deliveries tracking / price tracking, raw material price tracking, etc etc.”

In my little world I rule out that a $195 next low will occur. Reason?  stopping CAR project after 181 billion invested shows that Tesla is better in production than  and we all know how long it took  to surpass Microsoft. WS will think about it; if  gives up, Tesla is more incredible than we thought. Roadster pricing will be epic as well as the specs. A car halving the 0-60 Rimac Nevera’s accelleration for 1/10th of the price produced by the best quality EV company in the world.. so almost maxed out sharecount AH @$ 201.50
[edit] A bit like @BornToFly stated earlier, am just saw that reading backward [/edit]

Last edited:

Reading my last post, in MY WORLD, I would never do that, but that is my world. You do you and can take responsibility, I have no skin in such a game, -P160 is my nearest for this year (August) -C230 for march 28th,

Reactions: BornToFly