Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If right now a lot of peoples disengagements are like mine-- mostly comfort/routing problems rather than safety ones-- and V12 fixes THOSE (but not the safety ones) then you'll see a large drop in disengagement while not actually getting ANY improvement in safety for example.

Whereas if most disengagements today ARE for safety, and you see a huge drop, then there is such an improvement.

But you have no way to know if FSDb disengagements are "safety critical" or not.

Thus a change in rate does not, inherently, tell you much useful about potential accident rates.

Especially when there's entire pieces of the system that do not exist yet to be able to be an RT (complete OEDR and an L4 fallback capability to name two). Right now the human is doing those tasks. We've no idea how well the CAR can do them until the car starts doing them.
Tesla can by filtering wheel turn velocity and brake depression pressure.

• Disagree
Reactions: Knightshade
looks like we're having a new not-so-big gap-up to maybe fill later, that would take $ 145 out for a while, but we have to run up now, we now have had the significant lower low as Wyckoff-wise had to be expected, so now the accumulation-phase could be starting.
Finally bullish, I hope not to soon but at least missed out a lot in the drop.
Now looking to re-arrange portfolio a bit. SMCI may -C could be is closed with a $15 profit to make some margin-room to write another DITM TSLA Put, for later this year.
Just waiting to take another profit on another 1110 SMCI DITM +P, that rises far quicker than $TSLA shares, so do not care to buy back $TSLA above 174, as it is partly free money.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Jim Holder
What expiration do you have?

And we have +$1000 on MY in US, +€2000 in Europe coming, not sure it will move the needle, the last rise didn't

It worked on me I got trapped

I ordered another Model Y on Thursday

And now the stock is gonna pay for it I hope

Have we seen capitulation on Friday?

Every long sold, even here?

So now the elevator is going up? Or is it a dead cat bounce before we got the 69$ SP

Reactions: juanmedina
The Daily Trader has a resistance at 180.31.
I sold 182.5CCs for Friday.

Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 9.16.47 AM.png

Well, turns out that waiting an hour to close them would have been worse....
From my experience, when SP gaps up big (3%+) it typically results in SP closing the day higher. However, I try to trade on rules and not on emotions. That way if I'm wrong I can modify the rule, which is a lot easier than trying to modify your future emotional state.

One of my rules is I don't make a decision within the first hour of the day. Of course that can be modified depending on your investment time horizon. Someone trading longer time horizons may wait til the day closes or even the week. This rule prevents me from jumping to conclusions intraday.

I'm adding a new rule. If SP gaps up big at the open I can sell within the hour. I'll need to do a bit of research to identify what exactly "big" is, although 3%+ seems reasonable. My list of rules is forever changing. Each rule was the result of losing a ton of money. The way I look at it, the money I lose to make new rules is my tuition to learn to trade TSLA.

Do I remember correctly that Tesla will now report Energy sales with P&D?
If so, what is the "market" expecting for Energy?

(Asking for a friend)
Yes Tesla will for the first time start reporting Energy deployment in the P&D numbers. And no, Wall St hasn't even bothered to put in expectations, which to be fair, there hasn't really been a reason to make expectations. Energy will have a random jump one quarter and then stagnate for the next 1-3 quarters. In order for Tesla to get more valuation priced in for Energy, they gotta show some consecutive quarters of revenue growth.

Last edited: