Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Obviously I got no idea what I'm talking about (Not joking) but I would like to think I was onto somthing here lol. They pumping FSD because the growth story of selling cars is dead this year with no way to bring it back.

Of course this could all be priced in. Let's see how the trading goes today. But I feel like 387k wasn't priced in lol.
I think that had something to do with FSD, years ago they talked about "vacation mode" where it would be smart enough to train itself on a feedback loop with Unreal Engine simulations and just needed supervision

Production almost 50k more than deliveries and they're largely blaming factory shutdowns :rolleyes:
The word used was "partially" not "largely"
Decline in volumes was partially due to the early phase of the production ramp of the updated Model 3 at our Fremont factory and factory shutdowns resulting from shipping diversions caused by the Red Sea conflict and an arson attack at Gigafactory Berlin.

Fremont has regional mix delivery impact and loss of production earlier in the quarter impacts deliveries whereas production later impacts inventory. A production wave, if you will.

Reactions: Krugerrand
How far do we fall u think, seriously? Need to plan to close CC's but not too early.
I still think that ~ $143 (and probably a little bit higher) is going to be strong, at LEAST intermediate support.. so I’m actually going to start deploying if/when a breach of $150 starts to occur. As I’ve said, I’m ok with another 10-15 or even another 20% down from there, but it’s about scaling in and then accelerating FOR ME

Today is clearly going to be overall RED mkt day, higher rates, higher $DXY, we’ll see $VIX jump a bit as well, oil higher, gold higher - and even with $DXY strength that is not good - it’s counter intuitive or even counter mathematical.

NFA NFA NFA

Last edited:
The word used was "partially" not "largely"

Fremont has regional mix delivery impact and loss of production earlier in the quarter impacts deliveries whereas production later impacts inventory. A production wave, if you will.

I mean they do use the word partly- but don't provide any other reasons at all.

I agree SOME of the hit in deliveries is from there simply not being refresh 3s to deliver in the US due to fumbling yet another product refresh in Fremont-- but what explains the REST of the decline? There were plenty of Ys in inventory if there'd been buyers for em and none of the production hits would've changed that.

I mean they do use the word partly- but don't provide any other reasons at all.

I agree SOME of the hit in deliveries is from there simply not being refresh 3s to deliver in the US due to fumbling yet another product refresh in Fremont-- but what explains the REST of the decline? There were plenty of Ys in inventory if there'd been buyers for em and none of the production hits would've changed that.
It was because of umm fsd blockchain twitter x bitcoin cathie wood wave china so yeah

1712063895663.png

Hmm well I'm glad I sold the Jan 2025 $240cc and bought April 12 $170p, but I am torn on when to close them. Production was better than what I expected (est ~420, actual 433) and it was an expected dip and temporary. Deliveries were definitely lower than I estimated... knee jerk reaction I want to close them out and take my profits... but I think the smart play is to hold these at least until close of trading today, or at least later into the week

Makes sense to sell longs to buy back lower, or wait for break of 158?
Concern is a bounce-back.

NFA of course.
NFA, honestly I wouldn’t be just selling longs here. I think the best time for that has passed (certainly hindsight) but I’d be confident selling much closer in just OTM calls, but premium is going to tank. Nobody really knows, I still stand by previous comments that I do not see us revisiting the NOMINAL Jan 23 lows, but the landscape has changed quite a bit since then. Still, other than getting closer to a traditional automotive OEM P/E, which it shouldn’t be, the INVESTMENT math for ~ $100 doesn’t make sense. But, somewhere between $125-140 REALLY does for longer duration LARGE investor pools..