Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elektrek reporting that on top of Baglino and Patel leaving-

"we are told that Anthony Thurston, head of the cathode factory project, and reporting to Baglino, has been let go, as well as Amir Mirshahi, Director of Infrastructure. "

Sure are a lot of leaders who suddenly want to spend time with their families
Everything is a positive 🙄. I imagine Elon sent out his thoughts to all the leaders about the company’s targets/goals and gave the option of leaving the company if they did not agree with the vision. Or Elon just gave them no choice and forced a resignation from them for not meeting their goals.

I mean it’s fine to support Elon and believe in his style but to suddenly feel like these guys as a group who worked so hard under Elon have the need to spend more time with families is BS. Let’s call it as we see it.

As for the stock I think we break 160$ wall this week, no way the bears let this opportunity go. Do we have enough bulls to counter the selling? We shall see.

• Helpful
Reactions: MikeC and Tachyon
Elektrek reporting that on top of Baglino and Patel leaving-

"we are told that Anthony Thurston, head of the cathode factory project, and reporting to Baglino, has been let go, as well as Amir Mirshahi, Director of Infrastructure. "

Sure are a lot of leaders who suddenly want to spend time with their families
Thoughts? Could this be possibly some sort of overall and significance PIVOT to possibly more solid state battery design.. I mean CATL seems pretty confident with what they are putting out there and ready to start producing in higher volume. They are really putting their money where there mouth is, and frankly IF legitimate, even reduced or cathode free 4860 typical cell production would be at a weight/efficiency/longevity/economy disadvantage.

Maybe it’s seeing the writing on the wall and not wanting to be fast follower.

And nobody ask me what I REALLY think.

tsla: next 4 weeks pointing to ~150

1713226535270.png

That's because Tesla has the largest TAM so it's revenue and future earnings are the hardest to predict. You can literally be trillions off depending on how bullish and bearish you are. No one really knows the correct way to value Tesla and everyone will be wrong. Valuing Tesla using PE is perhaps the most conservative method and the market know it's also wrong, hence why the PE is all over the place.

Thoughts? Could this be possibly some sort of overall and significance PIVOT to possibly more solid state battery design.. I mean CATL seems pretty confident with what they are putting out there and ready to start producing in higher volume. They are really putting their money where there mouth is, and frankly IF legitimate, even reduced or cathode free 4860 typical cell production would be at a weight/efficiency/longevity/economy disadvantage.

Maybe it’s seeing the writing on the wall and not wanting to be fast follower.

And nobody ask me what I REALLY think.
Please tell us what you really think?

if the stock opens tomorrow below 160.51, first thing Ill do is sell a fresh batch of naked 220 calls exp June. If the bottom is not in yet, there will be plenty of pullbacks after its in and SP starts bouncing. for this reason, expect a flush of some sort if 160.51 doesnt hold in the PM. thats how algos are programmed.

Any reason not to go out later to boost premium (i.e., August is around $4.50 for the same strike and ppl might de-risk going into the 8/8 event, keeping SP down) and capture more if we dump deeply? June -C220 is not paying much ($1.70-$1.75) so need many to make the effort and risk worth it + maintenance requirements.

1713240223736.png

1713240617923.png

That strike/date is not paying much ($1.70-$1.75) so need many to make the effort and risk worth it + maintenance requirements. Any reason not to go out later to boost premium (i.e., August is around $4.50 for the same strike and ppl might de-risk going into the 8/8 event, keeping SP down) and capture more if we dump deeply?

View attachment 1038890

View attachment 1038892
you forget this is not going to be my only position. I have A LOT of naked short calls so not looking to make bank from this one trade. My goal is to never close my naked short calls so everything I open has some logic built in to make sure they go to zero. Theres no juice left in TSLA so I take what I can get without introducing the risk of Q2 P&D messing up my plan.

Last edited:
My goal is to never close my naked short calls so everything I open has some logic built in to make sure they go to zero.
What do you do for risk management; at what point do you decide to close if you got it wrong? (I know being right is better risk management, but we can't always depend on that...)

I like my laddering strategies with short puts and calls, and leveraging theta more than delta, but I am never truly naked in my positions. It is still easy to see conditions where I am more over-extended than I want to be.

What do you do for risk management; at what point do you decide to close if you got it wrong? (I know being right is better risk management, but we can't always depend on that...)

I like my laddering strategies with short puts and calls, and leveraging theta more than delta, but I am never truly naked in my positions. It is still easy to see conditions where I am more over-extended than I want to be.
I never really wrote down a full description of my plan, but I do bigger sizes when the wave count is clear vs when its muddy. I have been holding off since 4/5 after we made that double bottom followed by a mini impulse up. Only sold covered weekly 180s and 190s at resistances and closed them at supports. The last one gave way today at 164-165 but that did not truly invalidate 160.51 as the bottom so there was still a risk this is just a very deep wave 2 and wave 3 could come out of nowhere to break us out from this range. However, if tmr we break 160.51, that will mean that the bottom is not in yet and neither is wave 1. So this is not a "may day" trade but a "you still got work to do" trade. This trade will only go wrong if TSLA carves out a bottom, spikes up, retraces, and then spikes up again with enough time to reach my strike. Thats a lot of leeway. Every setup is different for me.

Last edited: