Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's so dumb when:
1.Franz had to 1st convince Elon to do Model 2 in the 1st place. (this was when like FSD was v10 , not useable for more than 30 secs-1 min without disengagement for me)
2. Reuters reported on the story that it was put on hold/cancelled, Elon said Reuters lied, now new reports do suggest it is put on hold
3. Elon "balls to wall", everything else is extension of carriage - has left every thing open to interpretation

Now tell me why are people dumb enough to think that - those who look at the above breadcrumbs and think there is a chance that Elon really says what he means are so dumb?
Also, Elon had to be convinced to put a steering wheel in the Model Y. Far before FSD was even what it is today.

What's so dumb when:
1.Franz had to 1st convince Elon to do Model 2 in the 1st place. (this was when like FSD was v10 , not useable for more than 30 secs-1 min without disengagement for me)
2. Reuters reported on the story that it was put on hold/cancelled, Elon said Reuters lied, now new reports do suggest it is put on hold
3. Elon "balls to wall", everything else is extension of carriage - has left every thing open to interpretation

Now tell me why are people dumb enough to think that - those who look at the above breadcrumbs and think there is a chance that Elon really says what he means are so dumb?
This is not our first rodeo. Elon is in the business of delivering difficult products, and people tend to rely on crutches. Model 2 is a crutch. So Elon telling team and giving them very little choice to use such crutch is just his way of driving them to realize the actual important product they need to make.

Radar and ultrasonic were crutches and everyone said how stupid it was to take those out. Now no one wants them as vision has proven to be better.

Remember that time when Elon said starlink 2.0 satellites can only be launched via starship so people need to come into work now on Thanksgiving?

This is all the same tactics he uses and he actually never compromise cash flow for whatever his wants are.

Last edited:
This is not our first rodeo. Elon is in the business of delivering difficult products, and people tend to rely on crutches. Model 2 is a crutch. So Elon telling team and giving them very little choice to use such crutch is just his way of driving them to realize the actual important product they need to make.

Radar and ultrasonic were crutches and everyone said how stupid it was to take those out. Now no one wants them as vision has proven to be better.

Remember that time when Elon said starlink 2.0 satellites can only be launched via starship so people need to come into work now on Thanksgiving?

This is all the same tactics he uses and he actually never compromise cash flow for whatever his wants are.

To nit pick...

Elon was against non HD radar. He's not against HD radar and put them in the new HW4 S/X, but not any other model.

In a way Elon has always went balls to the walls with autonomy. Teslas are the only car you can buy with the hardware suite weather you pay for it or not. For someone who wants everyone to search for pennies in savings everyday, this is perhaps the most balls to the wall move one can make.

Reactions: FlamingPIG
I think the general sentiment is "I thought we had more time." We all imagined robotaxi would be launched in some distant future where Tesla was selling 5m+ vehicles a year, where valuation was justified by huge auto profit and robotaxi would gradually rise to overtake auto. This pivot is extremely abrupt. We are now asked to take a risk previously not on the agenda. It is what it is. The risk of bailing is we wake up one day, RT is a huge success but our stakes are all gone. The risk of not bailing is our financial plan getting set back years. Im much more willing to take one compared to the other.

Last edited:
That doesn’t mean FSD will magically happen. Until something is done - we can’t know whether it can be done. May be it’s like cold fusion and won’t be possible in our lifetime.

A good example of something similar is Netflix deciding to abandon DVDs and going to streaming - long before it became possible for most people (in terms of bandwidth infrastructure). But we all knew it was only a matter of time as infrastructure ramped up.

PS : Coming back to that Reuters report - were they correct and Elon was lying ?

Reactions: khill
That doesn’t mean FSD will magically happen. Until something is done - we can’t know whether it can be done. May be it’s like cold fusion and won’t be possible in our lifetime.
Yeah, the differences between the two cars are just controls and are designed since the beginning to be easily modifiable. Is Elon saying if fsd happens then model 2 is in the back burner? Absolutely as it's stupidly obvious to go that route -per Elon. Also it's stupidly obvious what Elon is saying as everyone is now playing some kind of grand pivot narrative.

What's so dumb when:

I think the annoyance for some is that Elon and Tesla are being treated right now like they have no clue what they're doing.

I think people seem to forget that the main FSD team and Elon tests build that are further advanced than what we currently see and they also know what's coming in terms of future builds.

They're definitely winging it to a certain degree because of their convictions but I think it's unfair to say Tesla, who built the EV industry up from nothing and Elon and SpaceX who brought the space/rocket industry back from the dead, have no clue what they're doing.

Last edited:
Okay this is not a hard concept.

Model 2 is cancelled if fsd happens. It's on table if fsd doesn't happen. Elon will never say this as not only is it obvious but he wants his team to work as if this model 2 doesn't exist because fsd must happen. Elon will make sure to give his team as muc resource as possible to ensure its success. But if they can't do it, then yes model 2 will happen and Elon would be pissed and many heads will roll.

Got it?

I think the annoyance for some is that Elon and Tesla are being treated right now like they have no clue what they're doing.

I think people seem to forget that the main FSD team and Elon tests build that are further advanced than what we currently see and they also know what's coming in terms of future builds.

They're definitely winging it to a certain degree because of their convictions but I think it's unfair to say Tesla, who built the EV industry up from nothing and Elon and SpaceX brough the space/rocket industry back from the dead, have no clue what they're doing.
I think this is a very good point and something I was going to mention too.

FSD 12.3 was apparently a 2023 build so who’s to say they are not already close to a robotaxi build.

At this point i think the price action is getting a bit silly and that is why im planning to close all my long puts and start selling CSP. Could we go down another 30%. Sure but nothing goes straight down and I like my odds there.

ELON TO TESTIFY BEFORE U.S CONGRESSIONAL HEARING SET - MAY 8th

Elon is scheduled to testify before the U.S. House Foreign Affairs Committee about allegations of censorship by Brazilian Supreme Court Minister Alexandre de Moraes.

The hearing, set for May 8, will address Moraes' orders to ban opposition figures' social media profiles.

U.S lawmakers have expressed concern over Moraes' requests to X and hinted at potential U.S. sanctions against Brazil akin to those on Venezuela.

Source: Repórter PB

The risk of bailing is we wake up one day, RT is a huge success but our stakes are all gone. The risk of not bailing is our financial plan getting set back years. Im much more willing to take one compared to the other.

Hmm…may I guess you chose the latter, to hold on for dear life and see where it goes?

Last edited:
Reactions: SAPharmD and dl003
On the positive side, the last time we dropped like this, Dec 2022, we were selling puts every week saying “this has to be the bottom”, they were getting assigned, some of us were getting margin calls almost daily, @BornToFly had to sell his plane, general fear and panic all round

Aside a few DITM puts to look after, the general feeling now seems to be “bring it!”

Much better prepared, less risks taken, hedged in place and faster reactions to fix losing trades

Good job!
On the negative side QQQ is up over 50% from that point. But that is just relative, in a vacuum it's good to see people are more prepared this time around.

Reactions: EVNow
Between the title of the report and Elon (and others I’m sure) not interested in reading beyond it, I can understand his immediate response…if it’s true that it has not been scrapped.

Attachments

• IMG_0093.png
    IMG_0093.png
    798.7 KB · Views: 6

Model 2 is cancelled if fsd happens. It's on table if fsd doesn't happen. Elon will never say this as not only is it obvious but he wants his team to work as if this model 2 doesn't exist because fsd must happen. Elon will make sure to give his team as muc resource as possible to ensure its success. But if they can't do it, then yes model 2 will happen and Elon would be pissed and many heads will roll.

Got it?
At this point in time it doesn’t have to be mutually exclusive

So plan for both, mitigate the risk of failure by having two options and see how it goes

We can’t have a waterfall sequential timeline

Cheers!!

Reactions: khill and MikeC

Got it?
Dude - you are assuming your speculation is "obviously correct".

There are a ton of other possibilities.

After Reuters report came out (I bet there is a lot of truth in that) - Elon said it was a lie - but made many moves that corroborates what they said.

It has been "blindingly obvious" from a long time, Elon has no idea if and when FSD will ever happen. Proof : He said by the end of the year FSD will happen every one of last 5 or so years. Given this - either you have to do all the thousand things you need to do to build Model 2 now .... or you don't. So, the question is - is Tesla "waiting" before making significant investments in Model 2 or not. If they are "waiting" how long will they wait ?

ps : I think what actually influenced the "pivot" are a couple of things
- Down market for EVs
- Performance of AI stocks compared to TSLA
- V12

On a side note, it is interesting to remember that V11 "single stack" was hyped as much as V12.

Last edited: