Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Musk and CFO were on script - if only they’d been like that in previous calls!

I still think it stinks, but if the stock rallies hard, I’ll do week with my LEAPs

Will need to treat my -c140’s tomorrow. Flip to puts, straddle at -160, don’t know yet

My take aways for the call:
- it’s still all about FSD
- extremely evasive on compact car
- 4680 project essentially dead

And Musk suddenly talking about share buy-back when they just got negative FCF and are $2.5B down

Come on…
That got a chuckle out of me, but nevertheless, he mentioned it!

Since they have insight into the reliability of the next few builds of FSD and know when they'll be starting robotaxis, that is when I'd do a buyback and trigger the mother of all squeezes.

I heard the opposite that 4680s will be more cost competitive than suppliers cells by end of year.
Lars said they expect to beat supplier based costs on nickel based cells by the end of the year. They're also under the belief that due to oem pullbacks, there is additional battery capacity available from suppliers which should lower costs.

In my opinion: regarding 4680 cells it appears they will continue to work on them to lower costs and in conjunction with existing supply it should not be a major limiting factor.

Yes, but my timing is always terrible. I shouldn't buy insurance if I NEVER use it....
I don't think that is the lesson you want to learn; try to learn how much insurance you need. Insurance should never make you whole... or get you ahead. Insurance should be used to moderate your risk and not eliminate it.

In life estimating our risk and exposure is hard; with stocks it is so much easier... although probability is a challenge for both.

I de-risked a bit today, but I won't lose sleep over it.

I'm a huge fan of options trading....The biggest takeaway for options trading is that Ashok said they have insight into the next two builds of FSD which they KNOW, through validation, are better than previous versions for reliability (listen to the call for the details as they do NOT release builds unless they demonstrate higher reliability). This DEMONSTRATES they are on the march of 9s which could take anywhere from months to years, but what that means is that ANY given user of FSD should NOT have a safety critical intervention more than ANY other user in a given amount of time *AND* that time is now measured in days, then weeks, then months, then years, then decades...aka "THE MARCH!"

And for something completely different....I'm on day 9 of no safety interventions on 12.3.4 after 100s of miles (version 11.x I could break it within minutes)

NOTE: Things that are NOT supported in the build are:
  1. Reverse
  2. Advisory signs like Road Closed, No turn on red, School Zone...etc
  3. Human traffic arbiter - like a traffic cop
  4. Blinking reds
  5. Road paint - FSD seems to rely only on map metadata (aka lane number and maneuver assignment)

That got a chuckle out of me, but nevertheless, he mentioned it!

Since they have insight into the reliability of the next few builds of FSD and know when they'll be starting robotaxis, that is when I'd do a buyback and trigger the mother of all squeezes.
The market is probably going to want to front run that buybacks exactly how they front ran the Elon shares dump on open market when he overbid twitter

Yes, but my timing is always terrible. I shouldn't buy insurance if I NEVER use it....
The idea of buying 100 protective long puts crossed my mind yesterday, however since it was an obvious move all retails would do, I sat on my LEAPs and did nothing today, apart of 4 joint replacement and one below knee amputation for a necrotic foot. Glad I didn’t shoot my foot for once.