Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everyone and their mom was betting on 1000. If PA for tomorrow is like AH - it going be Theta Gang and Seller.

I sold a -900P so I'm good...for now.
I think there's a fair chance my -c800's will get called away Friday, unless there's something dramatic in the earnings call

The 5x Jan 2025 +p900 will become 50x +p90's, interesting to see whether that will be more profitable when it comes

For TSLA, I'm still holding -p170/-c180 for this week, was out play!ing music, took my MacBook with me in case I felt the urgency to trade, but as of now, just let the Theta drain a little more

Plan is still to widen the strangle further for next week, 170/190 would be comfortable

Everyone and their mom was betting on 1000. If PA for tomorrow is like AH - it going be Theta Gang and Seller.

I sold a -900P so I'm good...for now.
Well, I really meant that lower SHARE PRICE means easier access for options market and traders to goose and influence share price direction..its much more $$ to buy options contracts in lots of 100 (with a $1000 per share stock) than with a stock that is 1/10th of that. Same was true for TSLA in the day, X for 1 splits simply enabled even MORE options mkt manipulations in order to manipulate share price.

5/31 strangle of $177.5p and $180c are going for about $8.15. Wonder what is the better trade: buy or sell the strangle?
I hope sell is the trade. I have 175 and 172.5 puts, 180 calls (they were 177.5 and sold 2 for one to move them to 180), as well as 185, 187, 190 and 195. If I can clear out the near money calls this week, I'll move to weekly OTM trades. I sold the 195's last Friday. Very boring trade, but I think support is building at this level, which I have not felt for a long time.

I just caught up with the "other" thread and I see that there have been some pretty steep price cuts on the M3Y in Norway, up to around 10%, I wonder if they'll be replicated across the rest of Europe, wouldn't be surprised looking at the latest data we have... will surely be a negative catalyst, unless margins are no longer considered necessary with this "new normal" we got after Q1ER

I just caught up with the "other" thread and I see that there have been some pretty steep price cuts on the M3Y in Norway, up to around 10%, I wonder if they'll be replicated across the rest of Europe, wouldn't be surprised looking at the latest data we have... will surely be a negative catalyst, unless margins are no longer considered necessary with this "new normal" we got after Q1ER
It’s already being done in europe to varying extents.. EU and UK sales are down to ~ 15 month lows? Some higher, UK was +20% down. So, something is going on, either sector or company specific.

As much as ppl hoped that Q2 would stabilize or rebound, I doubt it’s going to happen.

once 2024 sales projections go BELOW 1.8x million, well that wouldn’t be good.. some analysts are already put a sub 2023 number out there.

And I don’t mean the crazy ones who have some axe to grind.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: elasalle
Just FYI, my full target for this DCB is about 250-260. If we get there, you probably will see people saying TSLA has broken out of its resistance trendline, like so
View attachment 1049622
However, since this correction has been so extensive, it may be more appropriate to use a log chart, like so. It's still perfectly within bounds, ready to turn down again
View attachment 1049625
This is not me calling you out, I dont bother to follow that level of charting so what you’re saying very well could be valid…but the idea that you can just change how you measure a chart or use a different chart is just hilarious to me

I’ll be one of those people that saying has broken out of its downtrend if the actual chart downtrend line gets broken and that any pullback at 260 will just be a correction to then test the downtrend line on the upside before it shoots higher.

But I could easily be wrong. I also think that should we get to into the mid 200’s, it will be from substance, not hype. If the rally is based on autonomy, then I expect to see major improvements in 12.4 and 12.5 over the next 3 months that make it seems clear Robotaxi level is only a year or two away

Last edited:
Well, I really meant that lower SHARE PRICE means easier access for options market and traders to goose and influence share price direction..its much more $$ to buy options contracts in lots of 100 (with a $1000 per share stock) than with a stock that is 1/10th of that. Same was true for TSLA in the day, X for 1 splits simply enabled even MORE options mkt manipulations in order to manipulate share price.
Couples weeks ago people were talking about loading the stocks if it ever drop to 6xx.

Now in June it's going to be 1xx. Win win right. Load them up ;)
Joking don't shoot.......

Couples weeks ago people were talking about loading the stocks if it ever drop to 6xx.

Now in June it's going to be 1xx. Win win right. Load them up ;)
Joking don't shoot.......
Well, already long 1000 shares, and having sold a lot of calls in the past five years… but would I have added to the position at 6xx.. sure. Trading shares and options means not being wedded to a certain SHARE price to make money. I’m glad I pulled back some of the -cc I sold, but will probably sell again if we move up and OVER $1100 in short order.

Boy, I must be the only one disappointed with NVDA earnings based on AH movement. Maybe disappointed isn't the right word, but the move is more than I expected for the earnings.

I loved the call. Blackwell is shipping earlier, and Jenson addressed why all generations of Nvidia GPUs will sell and continue to be the best choice for most AI workloads, despite customers building their own chips.

I loved the call. Blackwell is shipping earlier, and Jenson addressed why all generations of Nvidia GPUs will sell and continue to be the best choice for most AI workloads, despite customers building their own chips.
I haven't listened yet, but look forward to it. Most of what you are listing though I already had priced into my thesis. From just a fundamentals perspective it starts to get expensive soon IMO. Still happy to accumulate and still happy to trade volatility and doubters though.

This is not me calling you out, I dont bother to follow that level of charting so what you’re saying very well could be valid…but the idea that you can just change how you measure a chart or use a different chart is just hilarious to me

I’ll be one of those people that saying has broken out of its downtrend if the actual chart downtrend line gets broken and that any pullback at 260 will just be a correction to then test the downtrend line on the upside before it shoots higher.

But I could easily be wrong. I also think that should we get to into the mid 200’s, it will be from substance, not hype. If the rally is based on autonomy, then I expect to see major improvements in 12.4 and 12.5 over the next 3 months that make it seems clear Robotaxi level is only a year or two away
Log chart is a valid option to measure price movements across a wide span of time, because over, lets say a decade, price of security could have appreciated hundreds of percent, making the early level seem almost non-existent and historical patterns difficult to recognize. That's where log chart comes in. You can read about it here
In this case where the price of TSLA has swung hundreds of percent within a year, then proceeded to drop by 80% the next, log chart is a valid 2nd opinion. You can find it hilarious all you want, but log chart is a well studied math tool that is taught in schools across the country. Who's to say the regular chart is the only way to go about it?

• Informative
Reactions: jeewee3000
Case in point:

After a 1,000% run in 15 years, one cannot find a good channel for SPY without log chart.
1716421601917.png

In regular view, it looks parabolic.
1716421635923.png

TSLA did 1000% in a year. Multiple times.
Logarithmic scale is how market participants make sense of and measure huge moves in price. You haven't even scratched the surface of the financial market and yet you found one of its most fundamental concept hilarious.

Case in point:

After a 1,000% run in 15 years, one cannot find a good channel for SPY without log chart.
View attachment 1049693
In regular view, it looks parabolic.
View attachment 1049695
TSLA did 1000% in a year. Multiple times.
Logarithmic scale is how market participants make sense of and measure huge moves in price. You haven't even scratched the surface of the financial market and yet you found one of its most fundamental concept hilarious.
SPY, this is “the way”

Reactions: dl003