Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Senate committee EV report

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The report is in PDF form on this page,

Report – Parliament of Australia
Thanks!
I just read the recommendations......typical government dribble. No tax benefits for the uptake of EV’s, just a serious of recommended ongoing consultations that will result in a new department and a few billion dollars wasted on talk and more talk...no solution proposed for the changing ongoing road tax structure for EV’s.
Interesting that canberra has adopted some stringent emmisions policies. Nice of the report to state it. Why couldn’t they recommend national adoption of the same criteria?
Was interesting that they think price parity happens around 2025. That in itself is simplistic. In my opinion, the model s is already cheaper than any other premium european hatch. Model X maybe not quite yet, and the model 3 unknown.
The recommendation for government to go electric was great, but they got themselves all tangled up with whether the electrical infrastructure will cope.
Wonder how many million we wasted on all that writing?

I am going to cry! I really thought the tram in Sydney was a dumb idea before it started (out of date technology) and then seeing the debacle of blocked streets for so long then reading this...:mad:

2.80 Trackless trams can be delivered at a fraction of the cost of conventional light rail or tram systems—$6–8 million per kilometre as opposed to $80–120 million for recent projects undertaken in Sydney, Canberra and the Gold Coast.101

I doubt this includes the productivity losses due to road closures or the losses due to accidents and injuries that will be caused by having uneven and slippery tram lines on George Street. I spent 30 minutes one day waiting for an appointment and saw several people trip and one person on a scooter almost fall. I wonder how many injuries have already been suffered before the tram even starts?

I am going to cry! I really thought the tram in Sydney was a dumb idea before it started (out of date technology) and then seeing the debacle of blocked streets for so long then reading this...:mad:

I doubt this includes the productivity losses due to road closures or the losses due to accidents and injuries that will be caused by having uneven and slippery tram lines on George Street. I spent 30 minutes one day waiting for an appointment and saw several people trip and one person on a scooter almost fall. I wonder how many injuries have already been suffered before the tram even starts?

Adelaide also has some shiny new tram tracks instead of the latest technology. Only ours cant turn right from a major road to another major road because it was going to cost $40 million for that 10m of track.

Reactions: baillies