TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Sensor problem

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Beeloid, May 30, 2016.

1. Beeloid

Beeloid Member

After completing the latest software update, my passenger side FWD started acting up. The touchscreen shows a phantom obstacle which keeps the door from opening with the touchscreen button. I can hold the button down to override the "obstacle," and the door will completely open. Same issue when using the fob or tthe pillar button: the door will unlatch, beep, and stop. I can hold the inside pillar button to override. However, the door opens normally by pushing the outside door handle.

Tesla service is on vacation. Suggestions?

2. xkwizit

xkwizit Member

Did you try rebooting the car?

• Like x 1
  3. Beeloid

Beeloid Member

I did, and that didn't help. HOWEVER--I just drove the car and the problem seems to have resolved itself. Door works perfectly again. All is good.

• Like x 1
  4. FarmerDave

FarmerDave Member

You may have a loose sensor. They are applied to the inside of the FWD's with tape, and I think Tesla has revised the the tape that is used. The Service Center can check it out.