Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Camera Activation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's not clear what you're asking. Sentry Mode can be turned on or off from the app. Once Sentry Mode is turned on you can then use "View Live Camera" to view the cameras. However, the cell signal at the car's location needs to be strong enough.
Is there a way to turn it on initially other than the cart? I am not in the location of my car to go into the security to turn it back on. I know once it is on I can us the app to turn it on. But is there any other way to initially turn it on? Can I call Tesla and ask them to turn it on?

Is there a way to turn it on initially other than the cart? I am not in the location of my car to go into the security to turn it back on. I know once it is on I can us the app to turn it on. But is there any other way to initially turn it on? Can I call Tesla and ask them to turn it on?

If you left sentry mode on and "somehow its shut off" it likely shut off because your battery is now below 20% charge. sentry mode uses between 20-40 miles per day (per 24 hour period), so if you left it on, and have been gone for a few days, once the car hits 20% charge left it turns off to prevent you from being stuck when you return to your car.

If the sentry mode toggle does not work from the app, that is likely what is going on.

Otherwise, you can toggle sentry mode on and off (the cameras) in the app... but they will not turn on if you dont have more than 20% battery left.

• Helpful
Reactions: Andy7 and CyberGus
Isn't premium connectivity required for live view ?

Yes:

(screenshot of relevant section in link above on teslas website, not a blog)

Screen Shot 2021-12-28 at 8.42.13 PM.png