Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode for EAP equipped vehicles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ugh.

Hey Elon - How about that MCU1 --> MCU2 retrofit you promised, so that those of us with cars barely 1.5 years old can leverage these features?

Next thing you know, Supercharger V.3 will only be for the later model cars as well.

One can hope that MCU2 or perhaps MCU3 comes with HW3. Wouldn’t make any sense to change to MCU2 if it was going to be changed with HW3.

Supercharging V3 probably requires the 2170 battery pack as even our old cars cannot charge at 116KW peak like the Model 3 can.

Anyone even confirm if 2018 Model 3s can use V3?

Reactions: stayfocus18
Probably not a popular view, but I feel like they should charge for this feature.

They are willing to raise supercharger prices. Why not get some return on the added features.

They already get a very nice return from those of us who purchased EAP. New features like this that are added free of charge just makes Tesla vehicles a bit more attractive to a potential buyer. Supercharger prices are an entirely different animal since the money collected from superchargers is used to maintain and expand the network.

Reactions: fseir and McFlurri
Probably not a popular view, but I feel like they should charge for this feature.

They are willing to raise supercharger prices. Why not get some return on the added features.

Not popular, but people don't see the big picture on why its important for Tesla to get as much revenue as they can. They are still operating at huge losses overall.

Enough fund earmarked for dashcam development and security would allow Tesla to not compromise in this area while allowing them to focus on other priorities like Shanghai, Model Y, HW3, SCv3, etc.

tesla-cash-flow-3q18-800x574.png

They already get a very nice return from those of us who purchased EAP. New features like this that are added free of charge just makes Tesla vehicles a bit more attractive to a potential buyer. Supercharger prices are an entirely different animal since the money collected from superchargers is used to maintain and expand the network.

Elon clarified Sentry mode is coming to all AP2+ cars not just ones with EAP enabled.

Elon clarified Sentry mode is coming to all AP2+ cars not just ones with EAP enabled.

Yes I know, I mentioned that in one of my posts in the first page of this thread. Basically I was just saying that a lot of us have already given Tesla a lot of money for our cars with the expectation that we’d continue receiving new software updates with new features added on occasion free of any additional charges. There’s no reason to start nickel and diming existing owners for new features, especially when they fall under the category of safety and security.

They are the same in that people feel entitled to get them both for free or cheap.

Granted I’m relatively new to Tesla but I have to say we are the most entitled owners. “I demand new features, and I want them for free!”

True. If Tesla has an extra USB port in the glove compartment, that would be ideal. At any rate, any free stuff is always welcome!

We can always drill a hole and run a usb extension cable to the usb device and have the usb hiding under the console somewhere or inside the glove compartment. We can secure the usb to something so if the usb extension cable is pull it will unplug the usb from the cable.