Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry mode getting disabled (AP2.0)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the 12.1.1 update yesterday on my May 2017 MS and immediately enabled Sentry Mode and I was able to test it.
But then later on when I took the car out and came back, I noticed that the button was disabled. I enabled it again, locked the car, hid the key faraway, saw the sentry mode getting activated, unlocked the car, and checked the settings - the option was disabled, then locked the car, hid the key, and tried to activate it, but no luck.

Is sentry mode supposed to be turned on manually everytime you get out of the car? or is this some sort of bug?

thanks

Thanks for the quick reply! I have to start remembering to enable it every time I have parked outside - I probably would end up not using this ...

I hope at some point in time, this option will be sticky.

Are you aware of the fact, that AP2.0 sentry mode is a placebo (at least atm)?

Yeah, this should be more public. In 2019.12 tesla claimed they sent video recordings to their servers (with no way for you to actually retrieve them), which based on some testing I don’t think they were actually even doing that... And now they seemed to have even removed this from the 2019.12.1.1 release notes, meaning sentry on AP2 is a complete gimmick / does nothing but waste battery and put a GIF on your screen saying video recording is happening when it isn’t...

• Informative
Reactions: Art VandeIay