Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode not writing to Flash Drive AP2.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a late 2018 model P100D and cannot seem to get Sentry mode to write any files to a USB 258GB flash drive with a FAT32 format. I've tried different drive sizes and shapes. Sentry mode enables fine and I have received Sentry mode event notifications. The drive has no files being written to it at all. It's completely clean. I'm open to suggestions.

Thank you for your reply! Yes, shortly after the Dashcam feature was announced, I tried it with several flash drives, all formatted as instructed and with a folder called TeslaCam. None worked. I finally consulted the local Service Center, and was told that it was not supported on my vehicle, a 2017 MX. If Dashcam is indeed supposed to work, but SC says NO, then where do I go?

My software version is 2019.12.1.2 5c87371
And, as I said, I tried not one, but several formatted flash drives, all with the folder TeslaCam; this was several months ago, shortly after the announcement from Tesla, and subsequent s/w that supposedly enabled this feature. Nothing worked, and when the local Service Center couldn't help, I pretty much gave up.

My 2017 MX sentry mode only records video. Will not sound alarm or play the loud music. Do I require the motion alarm cabin upgrade to get full sentry mode feature otherwise how would sentry know when to alarm if can’t detect inside vehicle motion? Thanks!

Call Tesla support, you dont need in person service center support.
Actually, I believe they said it was because my MX has Autopilot 2.0, and the Dashcam feature requires 2.5 or newer. Apologies for not remembering this sooner! But my original question (more or less) was, what good is Sentry Mode if there is no ability to record video? Looks like a video record of the perp would be rather useful; without it, it's just an alarm.