Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode Phone Notification

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the TeslaCam file setup, however not the right formatting, and to be honest, I wasn't entirely sure how my hard drive would have formatted.

The officer I spoke to had given me the information of how those people have been performing these kinds of thefts, and it really is a terrible way that we need to conduct our daily life. This happened in a shopping center as I was out for dinner, and the audacity of the people to do it in front of a bank as well.

I had my work bag and electronics taken, and my passengers had their bags and purses stolen (all stowed away in the trunk). It just so happened that they were the first things they could grab from putting down my rear seat.

Thank you for the idea to keep my belongings with me, especially of value, and to have the backseat down. I will definitely be doing that in the future, and hoping that Tesla will be able to pull any data or even correct the push notification issue.

They probably saw you puting bags in trunk. I know some ladies like to leave their bags in there but thievves see you doing it. Happened back in the day before going clubbing. Ladies leave their bags, car gets broken into

I’ve had the sentry alarm triggered and send me notifications previously but I’m wondering if the functionality no longer works on the current firmware version as it’s been several weeks and usually I’d get about 1-2 a month just from loud trucks or vibrations in the parking garage.

The alarm (separate function) sends a notification, sentry never has.

I guess we have some new Tesla owners here. So here's:

A TESLA implies "money". Punks drive around and try doors,
look for easy grabs. Organized ones quickly pass to breaking
glass. The best defense is never baiting your car w/ valuables.
Don't leave anything smallish you can't cheaply replace in the car.

And on ANY car where dropping the seats gives trunk access:

1) Park with seats down and make sure the trunk is visibly empty
2) Stickers may have some value in reminding 'em about Sentry.
3) A blinking glass break alarm might offer psychological deterrence.
4) Find insurance with a low deductible on glass/comprehensive

It only sends notifications for the alarm, nothing for sentry. I guess you can get 20-30-or more sentry hits thus making it hard to know what can really be a break-in.

Attachments

• 8B117CC2-F267-428F-8E4D-36AB314AE6B4.png
    8B117CC2-F267-428F-8E4D-36AB314AE6B4.png
    114.3 KB · Views: 116
  • Informative
Reactions: C141medic
Got my first alarm notification last night while at dinner. Went out to check and nothing was amiss. Came home and checked the sentry videos and I could see Disneland fireworks going off in in the distance in the rear and sideview cameras along with my car's flashing lights. I wonder if every Telsa in the lot sounded their alarm. I also wondered if the notification worked, but perhaps they should fine tune the alarm sensitivity so fireworks don't set it off.