Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aug Thread also saw a lot of 1 month pushes also.
Yea, I've seen a lot of 'push back' EDDs lately; including mine. I've got 2 thoughts on the possible rationale.

- TX is (about) close to coming on line. For those of us in the Midwest to East coast regions, Tesla might have just 'moved' the manufacturing schedule from Fremont to Austin; thus, causing the delay push back. Since Austin will focus on the MY's, this would give Fremont 'space' to fill the Hertz model 3 order, if it does get approved/signed.

- Increased amount of pre-orders are increasingly causing the supply chain stress. No matter what model, I'd presume that every model has some of the same parts/chips.

Reactions: SpadeFire
And another shift in the EDD. In the space of three weeks I've gone from 12/24-12/31, to 1/4-2/1, and now back to 12/19 - 12/31. Just as I settled into a comfort level on a January delivery that takes the tax credit decision out of my hands, Tesla jerks me back in to December, with a delivery window that is only 10 days away. Oh well. Looks like they are counting on me to meet the EOQ quotas after all. *Sigh*

ki_diamondback_aug08_02.jpg

That's unreal that your July OD is being pushed that far back. I would assume the vast majority of July orders have been delivered. Really sorry to hear. I would call your SA and/or Tesla delivery service and do a major complaint.
Yep, I agree with andre88223 I've called the toll free line, they weren't helpful. S.A hasn't responded since I placed my order.. All I can do is wait.

Reactions: andre88223
Elon's email to employees might also have impact on recent delivery changes. I live in Los Angeles and my Feb-March Delivery is now Jan7-Feb4.
Local CA deliveries probably sooner and out of state later/no rush due to Elon saying be cost efficient instead of end of quarter efficient.
"Amid ongoing port constraints and rising shipping costs, Tesla CEO Elon Musk urged employees Friday, in a company-wide email obtained by CNBC, to look for ways to reduce the cost of delivering electric vehicles to customers, rather than rushing orders out last-minute to hit its end of quarter sales goals." Elon Musk urges Tesla employees to reduce cost of vehicle deliveries

And another shift in the EDD. In the space of three weeks I've gone from 12/24-12/31, to 1/4-2/1, and now back to 12/19 - 12/31. Just as I settled into a comfort level on a January delivery that takes the tax credit decision out of my hands, Tesla jerks me back in to December, with a delivery window that is only 10 days away. Oh well. Looks like they are counting on me to meet the EOQ quotas after all. *Sigh*

ki_diamondback_aug08_02.jpg
Appropriate picture to reflect all of our EDD 'rides'